LJWorld.com weblogs The Newell Post
Place your bets now
Here's a question for you: Which KU men's basketball newcomer will average the most points per game this season?It's an interesting question when you think about it. Through two regular-season games, here are the scoring leaders among the newcomers.
1. Travis Releford 7.0 points per game
2. Markieff Morris 6.5 points per game
3. Tyshawn Taylor 6.0 points per game
T4. Quintrell Thomas 3.5 points per game
T4. Marcus Morris 3.5 points per game
6. Tyrone Appleton 0.5 points per game
7. Jordan Juenemann 0 points per game
8. Mario Little (has not played, injury)I'd be surprised if Releford is the leading scorer, as he's averaged just 14 minutes per game and might not get the consistent playing time like some of the other newcomers.Tyshawn Taylor would be an interesting pick, but I don't think his primary role on this team will be to score.Markieff Morris has shown flashes and also can shoot from the outside, but I'm not going to with him, either.My prediction: Marcus Morris.http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/blogs/entry_img/2008/Nov/24/ku_bkc_esu10_t640.jpgKU coach Bill Self has talked up Marcus since the preseason, but because of foul trouble, Marcus has struggled to get going offensively. I think we'll see more of his ability as the season progresses.