LJWorld.com weblogs The Lawrence Crime Blotter

LPD investigating report of a Lawrence man, 23, illegally touching a 19-year-old woman

Law enforcement report ¢ Lawrence police are investigating a report that a 23-year-old Lawrence man illegally touched a 19-year-old Lawrence woman in October 2005 at a south Lawrence residence. ¢ Police are also investigating a report that a 21-year-old man illegally touched a 20-year-old Lawrence woman at a south Lawrence residence about 4 a.m. last Wednesday. According to police the victim and suspect are recent acquaintances. ¢ Police are investigating a report that a 25-year-old Lawrence man and a 35-year-old Lawrence man raped a 20-year-old Lawrence woman at a central Lawrence residence between 2 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. June 1. The victim is acquainted with one of the suspects, according to police. This is an ongoing investigation and no further details are available. ¢ Police are investigating a report that a 28-year-old Lawrence man had sexual relations with a 14-year-old Lawrence girl between 11:30 p.m. June 7 and 1:33 a.m. June 8 in a vehicle at a southwest Lawrence parking lot. The suspect and victim were acquainted, according to police.Burglaries and thefts reported ¢ A 24-year-old Lawrence man reported a Playstation 2 gaming console and miscellaneous Playstation video games were stolen between 8:55 p.m. Saturday and 9:18 p.m. Sunday in the 2600 block of Dover Square. The total estimated loss is $1,150. ¢ A 24-year-old Lawrence man reported a burglary and theft to Lawrence police Friday. Items reported stolen include a Kenwood Excelon Stereo, Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amplifier and Pioneer Premier 12-inch subwoofers. The dash, back seat, rear driver's side window and lock to the trunk of a 2003 Dodge Neon were reported damaged. The estimated loss is $3,459.Emergency calls Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported these responses: Fire calls ¢ Assist person, no obvious injuries, 7:48 a.m. Tuesday, 3009 W. 27th Court. ¢ Sprinkler activation, no fire, 8:33 a.m. Tuesday, 4931 W. Sixth St. ¢ Dumpster or other outside trash fire, 10:02 a.m. Tuesday, 1130 Inverness Drive. ¢ Smoke detector activation, no fire, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, 905 Congressional Drive.

Comments

rumor_man 6 years, 10 months ago

This has to be most touchy feely lawrence crime blotter ever.

Steve Jacob 6 years, 10 months ago

Off topic, but that's why some of the tougher sex-offender laws are getting struck down. Most offenders on the list know the victim, not the perv near the playground.And most "touching" complaints I would think (not involving minors) never go to court. Very hard to prove. And there are two sides to every story, I guess.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 10 months ago

?? is the age stated before or after they filed charges in the first case I mean

denak 6 years, 10 months ago

Why can't the women knock the crap out of the AND call the police?Why do people automatically assume that these women didn't defend themselves and just called the police?And why is calling the police wrong? Why shouldn't they press charges against them?As for the 14 year old, I feel for her. She shouldn't be out at that time which tells you that the people who are suppose to be keeping her safe obviously weren't doing their job.Dena

lily 6 years, 10 months ago

And why was the 14 year old out at that time of night?

inluelty 6 years, 10 months ago

Fourteen-year-olds can stay up late. Could have been that she was a babysitter for kids of the the 28-year-old. Could be that the man was a trusted friend/relative of the family. There are possibilities that don't make the parents irresponsible.

ksdivakat 6 years, 10 months ago

Well denak, I would hope that if the women knowcked the crap out of him and called the police as well, that would have been a story! That would have been worth reading on these blogs and I guarantee that people would have been applauding! I always think of the 90 yr old woman, and this wasnt to long ago, it was on the news, it wasnt here and i cant remember where it was, but anyway some guy broke in and was going to rape her and she grabbed his thang and twisted it and didnt let go and HE called 911!!!!!!She was still holding and twisting when the cops got there. Im sure he never remotely thought of it again! I say fight back, no matter what, fight for your life literally and then call the cops, women can do both and they should!Good for you acg, as you well know, alot of times these men get off in the system because of some screw up the cops do, so make sure that you get him good in case the system doesnt!

youngman420 6 years, 10 months ago

AT LEAST IN TOPEKA WE JUST SHOOT EACH OTHER, THIS RAPE STUFF IS GETTING RIDICULOUS IM NOT SURE I CAN FREQUENT YOUR TOWN ANYMORE......

RedwoodCoast 6 years, 10 months ago

Gnome, I don't understand the loud music and low-profile tires, either. I'm not judging it, but I just can't figure out why some people need so much attention. Just to be clear, when someone drives past me graciously allowing me to very audibly hear every sound in the base spectrum of their music, I just think they're idiots. I wouldn't tell them that, but you would never catch me driving down the street acting hard and bumpin' some gangsta. I would just feel like a fool.

acg 6 years, 10 months ago

I never said they asked for it. I just said that if some random dude touched me, I may not automatically cry "rape or sexual attack" and take care of the problem myself. I'm not a cop caller, as a general rule, and if things can be handled in-house, then why not? All it said on the first two reports was these women were touched. Nobody said they were thrown down on the floor and gang banged. So they were touched, touch back, but with a little more force and the SOB may get the hint. And let's face it, having some chick knock his d*ck in the dirt might have more effect than a slap on the wrist from some judge. As for the rapist, there are ways that he can be dealt with that involve more lead and less police involvement. If you're raped, you're put on trial and your life is open for all to see and speculate on. Shooting that bastard in the face alleviates all of that. I'm just tired of the scum. They're taking over and the cops and judges don't do crap about it. I'm all for vigilante justice.

igby 6 years, 10 months ago

Yep! if I had to hear all that thumping all the time, I might help him to find a new address also.

acg 6 years, 10 months ago

I agree KSDiva. I had a guy put his hands on me one time too many once and after he picked himself up off the floor, he had a different attitude. There was never any need to involve the cops.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 10 months ago

well said py. the first, headline, incident occurred three years ago. besides maybe she had to get safe before reporting, maybe she had to have therapy before she could report, too. ¢ Police are investigating a report that a 28-year-old Lawrence man had sexual relations with a 14-year-old Lawrence girl between 11:30 p.m. June 7 andthis very well could have been the lead/headline item. indeed, where are her parents?and, in the burgs and thefts: 300watt amp, subwoofers, in a car! maybe his fatigued and frazzled neighbors did it, just to shut up his thuggy-thuggy-bump-bump car! the police do nothing in this town regarding the noise ordinance enforcing against cars! if I call about a loud car, by the time they get here, the car is gone! and, they only enforce the noise ordinance by complaint! officers need to start enforcing noise ordinance against loud cars without complaints! please LPD! every day, several of these thuggy-thuggy-bump-bump cars pass my house, sometimes so loud they rattle the china--no, not kidding!

rousseau108 6 years, 10 months ago

bearded_gnome, one would think that if you're commenting on articles in the LJW, you would know that there are much more serious matters going on in this city than loud car stereos. Oh, boo hoo, there isn't magically a cop on every street corner to immediately catch someone who drives by you with a loud stereo. It sounds like they're busy catching murderers, rapists, robbers and thieves. And btw, my friend got a ticket for his loud stereo, and it wasn't because someone called the cops to complain. My god, where are their priorities!

Eurekahwk 6 years, 10 months ago

Exactly what constituted illegal touching in these cases with grown adults. Because chances are I've probably illegally touched ladies behinds at parties. Then they gave me a slight tap and nodd of appreciation.

compmd 6 years, 10 months ago

"A 24-year-old Lawrence man reported a burglary and theft to Lawrence police Friday. Items reported stolen include a Kenwood Excelon Stereo, Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amplifier and Pioneer Premier 12-inch subwoofers. The dash, back seat, rear driver's side window and lock to the trunk of a 2003 Dodge Neon were reported damaged. The estimated loss is $3,459."Wow. I bet the stereo nearly doubled the value of that Neon.If this guy was able to impress girls with his thumpin' Dodge Neon, I will gnaw off my right arm.

ksdivakat 6 years, 10 months ago

Good Lord! What is wrong with these girls??? If you dont want him touching you then knock his you know what in the dirt!!! Geezzz!!!! Get a grip! grab that thang and twist it until he cries, the next time he will think twice before he "touches" someone who isnt wanting touched!

coolmarv 6 years, 10 months ago

Wow! There ceartainly are some real scumbags out there now aren't there. What is the world coming to? Took the man's playstation and two games. I'll be damned.

sammiesays 6 years, 10 months ago

I was "illegally touched" a hundred times when KU won the championship!

ksdivakat 6 years, 10 months ago

Well you and probably 1000 other women, by PY standards you should all report that to the police as you are the victim of a sexual assault.....geezzzzzzzzz

acg 6 years, 10 months ago

You're prob right Pywacket. It was my knee jerk reaction to the first few items in this story that thoroughly teed me off and made me jump to the conclusions that I did. It was prob for the best that these women contacted the police and went thru proper channels to deal with this situation, but wouldn't it be a tastier form of justice if, instead of having the cops called on them, these pieces of crap had their faces rearranged instead? Yeah, my preggo hormones are out of control. Right now people seem to fall into two categories with me. Folks that I want to hug, and folks that I want to plug. :)

ksdivakat 6 years, 10 months ago

Py, might I suggest that you take your own advise?? It just so happens that the first 2 incidents in the article are related, it also just so happens that we know who they are, and these girls are not disabled in anyway shape form or fashion, it also didnt happen a long time ago as was suggested!Now being on the receiving end if a sexual assault years ago, I believe that I have the right to call it like I see it, if you dont agree...tough! Thats the way it is, all this whining about he touched my butt and i didnt like it is for the birds! My point was, if he touches you and you dont like it then knock his thang in the dirt and maybe he wont do it again, it had nothing to do with not also calling the cops and it certainly did not reference a rape! Had it referenced a rape then my response would have been different, but since it talks about "illegally touching" then thats another issue and what the heck does that mean anyway?????So, your assesment of me is incorrect, therefore making all your ranting pointless as if you knew these girls you would totally understand where I was coming from!And while we are on the subject, alot of this crap isnt fair to the guys, there are stories everyday about a guy being charged with rape because the girl said NO just before he was gonna do his thing, now should that really be allowed?? If you want to say no then say no, but you cant wait until your in the middle of the deed and call bull**it and tell him to stop! There is a point of no return for a guy, (I would think anyway) and I think its absolutely asinine to charge him with rape because he finished what she started and she tried to stop it 5 seconds before it was over anyway!I have no problem with women reporting a sexual "assualt" I do however have a problem with them reporting a "bad" touch when they themselves are adults. The article doesnt say anything about rape, and as I stated the girls who reported this are crazy anyway!

ksdivakat 6 years, 10 months ago

oh yeah and "There is nothing to indicate that these were just some "random dudes" who touched them, so that's an irrelevant point for now. Not to mention, an unlikely scenario."Maybe you should reread the article again, because it does indeed say that it was someone who touched them, not raped them, touched them....so please enough with the drama already!

LadyJ 6 years, 10 months ago

You know I have always wondered why someone would drive around thumping and blaring away and advertising to every thief in town that they have an expensive system. Alarm systems can be beat or forgotten to be turned on. Same goes for home stereos blaring away, and then they complain when they get stolen. As for the PlayStation, willing to bet it was someone who had been to this place before and knew it was there. And how about those people that set the empty box for their new expensive electronics out on the curb with the trash, use a little common sense.

redwaggoner 6 years, 10 months ago

Perhaps those with the loud amplifers in their cars, are very immature, and extremely starved for attention! Throw a "spike strip" under their tires & when they stop to investigate ask them how soon, or when it was the last time their mothers changed their diapers! Stick a pacifier in their mouths, spank their behinds & send them home to have their mothers change their britches. If they are starved for attention, then they shopuld not have access to a motor vehicle! This noise is dangerous and distracting to other drivers and SHOULD BE STOPPED BEFROE SOME INNOCENT DRIVER OR PEDESTRIAN GETS HURT!!!

drake 6 years, 10 months ago

Mulit says-"that was funny. I really hadn't paid attention to that part until the thread.It had to have been the neighbors, don't you think?"Or someone who sells to the Neighbors'.