LJWorld.com weblogs The Lawrence Crime Blotter

Man held down and robbed in home

Lawrence police are looking into claims that an unidentified man held down and robbed a 78-year-old Lawrence man in his home this weekend.According to police, someone entered the vicitm's home on the 200 block of North Sixth Street wearing a black coat and hood, snuck up from behind and held the man down in his living room chair and demanded cash.Police said that after a struggle, the man managed to grab the wallet from the vicitm's pants before fleeing the residence. The victim told police that he didn't get a look at the man's face, but described him as a white male, medium height and weighing about 300 pounds.Police have not yet located a suspect.

Comments

Gabe Hoffman 7 years, 11 months ago

Kat Christian 7 years, 11 months ago

Getting bad folks? My concern are the sex offenders moving into our neighborhoods and near schools. I receive an alert monthly or anytime an offender relocates and seems to me more are moving in and around where I live and that's making me nervous to the point of considering moving out of Lawrence. I moved here to avoid that same sort of thing. What is going on with you lawmakers are you sleeping or too busy to notice and just don't care because its not happening in your rich neighborhoods?

Sigmund 7 years, 11 months ago

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more home invasions and armed robberies lately?

introversion 7 years, 11 months ago

Who trespasses in a residence for the sake of mugging someone? And old people at that. Straight to hell. Seriously.

Ragingbear 7 years, 11 months ago

I live in the "bad" area of town, (Chicago points, laughs, and says "Awww, isn' that cute?") and saw something disturbing. A known crack dealer that lived down the street got broken into, held at gunpoint, and had a large amount of cash,guns, and drugs stolen. Of course, only a little cash and some other property was actually reported. The dealer then decided to pack up and move. The invasion style robbery was from a disgruntled or desperate client. So here we are seeing places that the police would use a swat team, and possibly some sort of stun grenade being assaulted by a single home invasion style robbery....

This is a violent crime. It's not even a cat burglar. We must put our foot down on neighborhood crime before some teenage wanabee decides to hit your apartment next.

Mike Myers 7 years, 11 months ago

This is total a shot in the dark, but I was panhandled by a new street guy on Mass. today who meets the description.

Angie Dick 7 years, 11 months ago

Lawrence is getting bad folks.. Glad I don't live there anymore, wasn't like that when I was a kid. Crazy stuff??? Did it turn into L.A.? Lawrence Arisonal?? Gee it's bad!

bearded_gnome 7 years, 11 months ago

300-pounds, average height...guess he won't hide behind a tree to avoid the police?