LJWorld.com weblogs The Lawrence Crime Blotter

Kansas University students arrested in Shawnee County

Five Kansas University students, all age 18 and all listing an address in Lewis Hall on the KU campus, were booked into the Shawnee County Jail Monday for burglary after being arrested by the Kansas Highway Patrol. As of Tuesday morning, the Kansas Highway Patrol had not yet released details of what happened.Other police reports released today:Injury accidents:¢ A Baldwin woman went to the hospital by ambulance Monday afternoon after a wreck on U.S. Highway 59 three miles south of Lawrence, according to a Kansas Highway Patrol report. Patricia McDaniel, 57, was driving north on U.S. 59 when her 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix left the road and struck a fence post. She was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital.¢ A Tonganoxie woman was treated at Kansas University Hospital, Kansas City, Kan. after a wreck Monday morning on U.S. Highway 24-40, the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office said today. Nicholle R. Renne, 31, Tonganoxie, was driving a Kia Sportage east in the right lane when she started to change lanes and made contact with an eastbound 1999 Ford Taurus driven by Lori K. Roark, 46, Tonganoxie, that was in the passing lane next to her. The Taurus spun out and stopped in the median. Renne's vehicle flipped several times and came to rest next to a fence. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital, where she was treated and released. Roark refused treatment at the scene.Burglaries and thefts:¢ 2400 block of West 24th Terrace: A 30-year-old Lawrence woman reported $1,544 worth of property, including a Sony DVD/CD receiver, a Nintendo Game Cube, and compact discs, stolen from her apartment between 2:45 p.m. Monday and 1 a.m. today. ¢ 300 block of Birch Lane: A 20-year-old Lawrence man reported a 2000 BMW valued at $11,000 stolen from his home between 12 a.m. and 5:20 a.m. Monday.¢ 200 block of Walden Court: A 36-year-old man reported a 1991 Ford Tempo valued at $1,500 stolen between 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 a.m. Sunday.-contributed by [Eric Weslander.][1] [1]: http://www2.ljworld.com/staff/eric_weslander

Comments

Steve Jacob 8 years, 1 month ago

Oh come on! Been posted for over an hour and no jokes about Lawrence people going to Topeka and getting arrested?

Ragingbear 8 years, 1 month ago

It is quite possible that these are the guys responsible for the haskell car assaults, if stuff was stolen, and Topeka would have a good fence. If they got caught in a bust or something....

Jake Esau 8 years, 1 month ago

I'll bet they are KU students from Topeka...

Confrontation 8 years, 1 month ago

We all know that Lawrence is just Topeka East, so what's the big deal?

bearded_gnome 8 years, 1 month ago

lookin' forward to more details on the great eight: their majors, for example? and, were they from Topeka?

bugmenot 8 years, 1 month ago

East Lawrence might be considered Topeka East cause they are full of white trash. West Lawrence should be adopted by Johnson County and become Johnson County West.

pt 8 years, 1 month ago

Um, i think you got your directions reversed there bugmenot...topeka is WEST of Lawrence, not East.

KSChick1 8 years, 1 month ago

HEY BUGMENOT

I live in east Lawrence and do not consider myself to be ANY KIND of trash- white or any other kind.

That is a totally inflammatory comment and I don't appreciate it.

I work for a living, I raise my family, I am a good person. I live in east Lawrence because it is affordable and I can be anywhere in this city in 10-20 minutes anyway, and don't have a freaking $1500-5000 house payment each month.

I consider east Lawrence to be full of working class people, who struggle to pay bills and maybe have other things to worry about than how big, green, and weed-free their lawn is. Like food, gas, utilities, house payments, etc. on a lower wage than alot of the people living in west Lawrence.

NONE OF THAT MAKES US WHITE TRASH

IN FACT YOU SHOW YOURSELF TO BE TRASHY BY MAKING IGNORANT STATEMENTS LIKE, "East Lawrence might be considered Topeka East cause they are full of white trash."

Yes, there may be some people who live a criminal lifestyle, are on the fringe, WHATEVER! but that does not warrant a stereotype like the one you are perpetuating. Those people live in WEST LAWRENCE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! They just drive nicer cars and smack their wives around behind closed doors instead of out in the front yard! (sorry to you people that live in west lawrence, I don't think you're all wife beaters in nice cars, I'm just trying to make a point)

Meet me on the playground at 3 o'clock and I'll show you TRASH

you need some east side lovin I think

bearded_gnome 8 years, 1 month ago

right on kschick1! amazing ref to east lawrence! white trash? not I!

Katara 8 years, 1 month ago

Lewis isn't one of the female-only dorms anymore? Gosh, I feel old.