LJWorld.com weblogs The Lawrence Crime Blotter

Man arrested for indecent exposure

Indecent exposureA 19 year-old Wisconsin man was arrested Thursday morning for indecent exposure. On a dare from his older brother, Nathan Larkin ran through the 1000 block of Vermont St. at around 2:15 a.m.wearing nothing but a white, short-sleeved T-shirt. He was spotted by police at 10th and Massachusetts and then sprinted across the intersection. He was later found hiding between tires in the back of the D and D Tire shop. An officer saw movement behind the tires and then spotted Larkin hiding behind them.Other crimes reported this morning¢ A man was arrested for aggravated battery after a fight over a parking spot in front of the downtown Post Office. Gregg Dwayne Jennings, 39, of Lawrence, was arrested Wednesday after allegedly spitting and punching a man in the head. According to the victim, he was attempting to park at the Post Office and the suspect wanted the same spot. The victim said Jennings would have had to do a U-Turn to take the parking spot. Jennings, according to the victim's report, was angry after losing the spot and gestured at the victim. Jennings was holding the door open for patrons at the office and then held the door for the victim. He started spitting and punching the victim in the head. The victim, a Topeka man, took himself to the hospital for treatment.¢ Two incidents of criminal damage at two bus stops were reported to police. A bus driver reported damage to the glass booth at the bus stop at 33rd and 4 Wheel Dr. on Monday. The damage was estimated at $700. Damage was also found at the bus stop on the 400 block of N. 2nd St. Wednesday around 2:05 p.m. A clerk called the police about a shattered panel valued at $350. No evidence was found of what was used to break the panels in either incident.

Comments

jayhawkster 8 years, 4 months ago

Naked man would have totally befuddled the coppers if he'd a just sat still. I guess the prospect of a brown recluse crawling up his brown spider gave him the willies. Nice attempt though.

Christine Pennewell Davis 8 years, 4 months ago

this will teach him to take a dare from his big bro again.

mztrendy 8 years, 4 months ago

well, at least he has an excuse. He wasn't just another naked wierdo in Lawrence. I'd probably take the same dare if my sister threw it out there...

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years, 4 months ago

Everything today is about "political correctness". That wasn't indecent exposure, that was streaking.

Let me be the first to say it: alcohol was involved.

BrianR 8 years, 4 months ago

Where' s the REAL news?

"Daniel Baldwin graduates from The Billy Joel Driving School"

flames_over_the_wasteland 8 years, 4 months ago

The real story is how idiotic and immature hypermasculine men become when driving and laying claim to parking spaces. Was there a large, rattly white pickup truck (penis prosthesis) involved? Way to go, winners!

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years, 4 months ago

I doubt this is about anyone being hypermasculine. That guy was just a nutcase.

audvisartist 8 years, 4 months ago

Did that rattly white pickup truck happen to have "TruckNutz" hanging from the rear bumper?

flames_over_the_wasteland 8 years, 4 months ago

Yikes, audvisartist! I've seen those things flappin' from trucks back in Oregon, where I'm from . . . I've yet to see some here in Kansas. I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

Linda Aikins 8 years, 4 months ago

mmm. Wonder what was moving that the officer saw?

flames_over_the_wasteland 8 years, 4 months ago

Hee hee, Gootsie. There's a strange connection here, somehow, between naked men hiding in bushes and cars / trucks (with men) symbolically swordfighting for parking spaces!

Raider 8 years, 4 months ago

flames: I'm not surprised to read that you are from Oregon after seeing that PC mumbo-jumbo in other post. If you went down to west Texas (where I'm from) your head would probably explode.

Hypermasculine my a$$. The guy was just some kind of freak.

BS20 8 years, 4 months ago

Good point Andini. It usually 3 Topeka men jumped 1 Lawrence guy. This Lawrence hate for Topekka all of a sudden is scaring me.

theDudeAbides 8 years, 4 months ago

I agree Andini - The whole universe must be out of order!!

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years, 4 months ago

Here in MO where I work, many of the pickup trucks still have their "original equipment". It's kind of gross, really. I think people should avoid putting things on vehicles that someone is going to have a hard time explaining to a 4-year old.

I'm still looking for an "Ain't Skeered" sticker for my pickup! Ha!

Berserk 8 years, 4 months ago

I personally think if he had the "nutsack" hanging from the back of his truck the spitting would have been totally justified, obviously the "nutsack" serves as a warning that this person has declared thier mental imcompetance and must be avoided at all costs.

°Thanks°

Zerk

Berserk 8 years, 4 months ago

If you haven't seen the "nutsack" that some seriously disturbed people hang from the undercarriages of trucks, you're not missing anything.

Please do not delete previous post, not trying to be vulgar, the product in question is real, and looks exactly as it sounds.

°Thanks°

Zerk

mztrendy 8 years, 4 months ago

i think it should be a law, after midnight, everyone's naked.

reginafliangie 8 years, 4 months ago

With this heat, its a wonder we haven't seen more naked people.

Christine Pennewell Davis 8 years, 4 months ago

wander if money was involved? oh well hope they had fun, hey just thought of this what he gonna do to get back at his brother mmmm could be good if he has a brain.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years, 4 months ago

"This Lawrence hate for Topekka all of a sudden is scaring me."

First time posting here? Distain for Topeka and the crime it brings to the most beautiful city in Kansas is a common theme, here.

geekin_topekan 8 years, 4 months ago

I saw a bright white hew all the way from the west side around two AM.I wonder if they hit his behind with a million candlepower light?Thatd light up the sky!!

bearded_gnome 8 years, 4 months ago

"Lawrence PD reported they found Larkin ... all tired out. so, they picked him up, but refused to give him a lube job."
the question of whether he has a brain...hmmm. some questions are just not worth worrying about.

wonder if the lawrence lugnut in the Post Office brawl was really from lawrence? maybe just moved here...from topeka? or just very upset, he was still trying to mail 37-cent stamped letters?

Confrontation 8 years, 4 months ago

Anyone else rather see Nathan running around and having fun, instead of two homeless people doing their act in public?

daddydogg 8 years, 4 months ago

I agree---it should be law that everbody gets naked after midnight----except the cops.

Charles L Bloss Jr 8 years, 4 months ago

I think they got Mr. Jenning's age wrong. It should have been 3.9. Thank you, Lynn

BrianR 8 years, 4 months ago

Yes, dammit, if people were meant to be naked they'd be born that way.

mrjcg2 8 years, 4 months ago

Lawrence has a rich tradition of people running around naked in public...

theoriginal_S_F 8 years, 4 months ago

I think I saw the naked wonder at Jimmy Buffett this year hiding under a car

Jersey_Girl 8 years, 4 months ago

So, how do we go about getting a city ordanance allowing nakedness after midnight? It should also make it manditory during heat waves.

DanFreako 8 years, 4 months ago

mztrendy ..let me know when your sister pops the dare to you ..I wanna see that!!

Morgss 8 years, 4 months ago

Wisconsin streakers most often wear hats, it's cold up there. Our Badger State guest made one major streaking mistake. No planned exit strategy. The late great Vince Lombardi made an exception from his famous quote Run to Daylight. When streaking, run to somewhere private and put on pants.

Kids nowadays?