LJWorld.com weblogs The Lawrence Crime Blotter

Games gone

Highlights from today's police briefing:¢ Lawrence Police are investigating a burglary and theft at a residence in the 800 bock of Maple Street that occurred sometime Sunday. Taken were more than $1,400 worth of X-Box games, an X-Box system and containers of DVDs and CDs. The victims are two men in their twenties who live at the residence.¢ A 27-year-old Lawrence man told police someone reached out and touched him inappropriately as he rode his bicycle by two men on a trail at Riverfront Park. The incident occurred Wednesday about noon.

Comments

Berserk 8 years, 5 months ago

I like bear traps! Let's use some bear traps down there, and just put some signs up so that peoples kids don't fall off any fountains into the bear traps, maybe a fence too :P

Then we will send the pitbulls down that way to 'clean up'.

Confrontation 8 years, 5 months ago

Berserk: I definitely agree that we'd have to put up signs to warn the parents about bear traps! As seen in previous articles, it appears that parents will let their kids do anything unless there's a sign that warms them against it.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years, 5 months ago

When I was a teen in Wichita there was a park where "pervs" would solicit sex, etc. People were complaining, and it was all over the news. So, some rednecks (red pickup truck types) decided to do some house cleaning with some Louisville Sluggers. It helped the situation.

I'm not advocating violence, mind you.

flames_over_the_wasteland 8 years, 5 months ago

It looks like the "two men in their twenties" might have to start reading books now after losing their $1,400 worth of video games. Don't worry, men, thieves will never steal your books!

big_blue 8 years, 5 months ago

i think the city should build roundabouts along the trails

it won't stop the "activities", but it will sure slow it WAY, WAY, WAY down and piss everybody off

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years, 5 months ago

Oh, great. Now it's going to be called Brokeback Park.

"Don't worry, men, thieves will never steal your books!"

Not entirely true. I've had two Bibles stolen from my car over the years. They no longer make the RSV Harper Study Bible.

I should check over at Yellow House. "Excuse me, where is your hot Bibles section?"

Berserk 8 years, 5 months ago

Maybe we can get the black market bear traps over at yellow hose as well?

kansasfire911 8 years, 5 months ago

I wonder if all that stuff stolen will appear at Yellowhouse...Hmmm

Charles L Bloss Jr 8 years, 5 months ago

The police do patrol that park. I was out there on the boat ramp taking some pics of the river one day in early spring and saw several patrol cars drive through. Didn't get attacked by any gay men, though. I walked down some of the trails to get some different shots, and the ground was littered as you described. They used to have restrooms out there, I was told by one of the officers, and they had to be torn down and removed due to the gay activity in them. The solution to this is to find a place where gay people can congregate, that is not a city park! A bar perhaps, Topeka has one or two. People can't help their situation sometimes, and they just need to take it someplace else. It is a bad mix with fishermen using the boat ramp, people biking and hiking and exercising their dogs, or taking photos of the river. They should not have to contend with being touched or solicited. The answer is somewhere else the gay people can meet. Thank you, Lynn

lelly 8 years, 5 months ago

"I wonder if all that stuff stolen will appear at Yellowhouse...Hmmm"

...or on larryville swapmeet...

littlelawrencian 7 years, 6 months ago

Gee, nobody mentioned the sexual activity goings-on in the alleys downtown, lots of action according to the skuttlebutt, pardon the pun...scared to take the kids there