Devonte’ Graham, Lagerald Vick talk about big performances vs. Syracuse
MIAMI — While Devonte’ Graham called Clay Young the MVP of the game, the senior point guard had a pretty good case for that himself.
On a night the KU offense struggled, Graham poured in a career-high-tying 35 points, adding five assists and helping KU break down the Syracuse zone in key moments.
“Coach kept telling me to be aggressive,” Graham said. “Just trying to give us a spark.”
KU, normally known for its balance, had only two other players in double-figures. Svi Mykhailiuk chipped in 11 points on 4-for-9 shooting while Lagerald Vick added 20 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists, often playing the role of set-up man in the middle of the zone.
“It just felt good making plays for others,” Vick said. “Just sticking to what Kansas do”
More news and notes from Kansas vs. Syracuse
- Jayhawks squeeze Orange in Miami
- Keegan: Graham even impresses NBA exec Riley, who’s seen it all
- Notebook: Vick finds groove vs. Syracuse’s 2-3 zone
- Report Card: Jayhawks beat Orange
- Preston doesn’t travel to Miami
- Graham again tops Keegan Ratings
- Graham, walk-on Young spark KU past ‘Cuse