LJWorld.com weblogs Eat Your Vegetables
What was your favorite book of 2011?
So, early last year I wrote this story about 11 must-reads for 2011. The other day, I checked the list and realized that I had a horrible literary batting average when it came to the must-reads of the year.
I read two of the 11. Hmmm, not so good. Though I loved the two I read — "The Tiger's Wife" and "The Hunger Games" — and I did read a ton of books I absolutely loved this year that weren't on our list (but that's something for another blog).
Here's a list of the original 11:
- “Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand” by Helen Simonson
- “A Discovery of Witches” by Deborah Harkness
- “Super Sad True Love Story” by Gary Shteyngart
- “The Tiger’s Wife” by Tea Obrecht
- “Freedom” by Jonathan Franzen
- “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins
- “Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet” by Jamie Ford
- “The Middle Place” by Kelly Corrigan
- “Bonhoeffer: A Biography” by Eric Metaxas
- “Same Kind of Different as Me” by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
- “Lawrence: Survivors of Quantrill’s Raid” by Katie Armitage
Did you read any of these books? What did you think? And what was your favorite book of the year — on our list or not?