People and Places gallery

Trick-or-treaters take over downtown October 31, 2012

Downtown Lawrence teemed with trick-or-treaters on Halloween - but kids weren't the only ones taking in the festive spirit.

E-mail this gallery to a friend

Comments

jj14 1 year, 11 months ago

Where are all the pictures of the KIDS?

shorttrees 1 year, 11 months ago

Amen to that! Of the 15 featured people, only 4 of them were kids.

RegularJane 1 year, 11 months ago

Are these all of the pictures that were taken? There were so many creative costumes--someone was dressed as a Christmas tree with lights and the legs and feet were Christmas packages; a little one was in a bubble bath made of white balloons; another little one was dressed as a lobster and in a pot; and two brothers were the cutest robots! It was a beautiful night and everyone was having a great time! I love to see that kind of news!

Bridgett Wagner 1 year, 11 months ago

the bubblebath costume was awesome, probably the best i saw yesterday.

colicole81 1 year, 11 months ago

Pretty crappy gallery! There were thousands of people downtown and you only took 8 pictures?

budwhysir 1 year, 11 months ago

maybe while everyone was worried about running out of candy, they ran out of film for the camera

Jeteras 1 year, 11 months ago

Yea what the hell.. I spent $50 on my sons costume for a parade last weekend and he won best costume, shouldve seen the happiness on this 5 year olds face!!Worth every penny...

What is up with Lawrence parents dressing up. "Hey im gunna buy this $150 costume and wrap my kid up in a sheet??!" jesus you people its supposed to be about "THE KIDS" not your supernerd hey look at me fetish??poor kids

lily 1 year, 11 months ago

I don't know if these are pictures ljw took or what others submitted but there should be more photos with kids. The down town trick or treating is for them. I don't have a problem with parents dressing up. I think that's just another fun family activity and it can be good for the kids to have their parents get into the spirit of things. I don't think adults should have been trying to score candy.
I would hope there are more pictures of kids showing up soon.

d_prowess 1 year, 11 months ago

Maybe taking random pics of little kids and posting them on the LJW website is a little creepy so they stuck with the adults.

rockchalker52 1 year, 11 months ago

The photog prolly liked the costumes, don't ya think? They really are pretty good.

1 year, 11 months ago

I actually saw someone dressed as one of the Coneheads! Another person was painted all gold. These are even good pics. There everyday costumes. Wheres the pics of the creative ones! Me and my boys were there and dress better then some of those pics.