Previous   Next

What would you like to see addressed at the 2016 Republican National Convention?

Asked at Lawrence Public Library on July 20, 2016

Browse the archives

“Donald Trump is a racist. He needs to step off and step out.”

“Race relations in the United States. I feel like that’s a weak point for them.”

“I hope they can figure out a way to control all this gun violence. The Republicans are all about guns, and the NRA is supporting Trump.”

“It’s a hard question to answer, because they terrify me, domestically and internationally.”

Comments

Carol Bowen 1 year ago

Cost of healthcare. Negotiating costs on Medicare Part D and prescription drugs, in general.

Foreign policies for the middle east, China, and Russia.

Low wages and underemployment.

How to avoid another "great recession".

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year ago

Dump Trump. Send the braying jack ass packing. Hah!!

But it ain't gonna happen in Kansas. I present to you............The Koch Industries Regime "Governor" Brownback

And then there is the alleged and grossly incompetent "Secretary of State" the champion of nationwide voter suppression, the coast to coast non-resident Kris Kobach.

Nuff said.

Bob Smith 1 year ago

The issue of how many people are blindly ignoring the fact that violent crime is down across the nation except for Democratic-controlled urban hellholes. Trashing the Constitution for all Americans is not the answer.

Brett McCabe 1 year ago

So, you are saying that, under Barack, crime in the country is down?

Brett McCabe 1 year ago

Manners. There isn't a leader or a gentleman in the party. And it shows.

Bob Smith 1 year ago

The same could be said of the Democrats.

Brett McCabe 1 year ago

But it would be wrong. Your bigger issue is the blatant hypocrisy of promoting yourself as the "moral" party while you trot out Scott Baio and his vulgar tweets. Do as I say, not as I do?

Bob Smith 1 year ago

When have I copy/pasted or linked to a tweet by Scott Baio? Not seeing that is my list of posts. But then, reality was never your strong suit.

Barb Gordon 1 year ago

We're talking about the Republican party right now and not your specific actions. Unless you now run the RNC?

Bob Smith 1 year ago

"...while you trot out Scott Baio and his vulgar tweets..." Did you even read Brett's post?

Barb Gordon 1 year ago

I did. I even read all of it, which helps for comprehension. "You" in this case is plural. Your bigger issue is the blatant hypocrisy of promoting yourself as the "moral" party...

Chris Warman 1 year ago

Rude people that park in the fire lane at the grocery store

Bob Harvey 1 year ago

To the original question. I would like to see both of the parties return to the days of statesmanship rather than politics. I would also like to see the end of corporate and foreign government donations to both parties. Why are bribes still ok? At the top of my political wish pyramid would be the ending of the virulence that continues to thrust on the nation by the media and our countries "leaders". Of course that is not the government responsibility to fix. We, believe it or not, can strive to do that ourselves.

Andy Craig 1 year ago

People with more than 12 items using the express lane.

Chris Bohling 1 year ago

Long-term Far East policy is by far the most important issue but that seems to be off the table for both parties so w/e I guess it's time to start learning Mandarin

Phillip Chappuie 1 year ago

Overturn Citizens United. Remove all social engineering planks from the platform i.e. gay marriage, women's health right. Require Congress to work for the good of the country as a whole instead of their current mantra of ideological take my ball and go home attitude.

Bob Smith 1 year ago

If you expect to see Democratic talking points being repeated at the RNC, you are doomed to disappointment. The same could be said about Republican talking points at the DNC. Sauce goose, sauce, gander.

Carol Bowen 1 year ago

What are the Republican talking points?

Barb Gordon 1 year ago

So far? That Hillary talks with the devil and Ted Cruz thinks Trump is a tool. Or so I've gathered. Maybe we'll get around to some actual talking points tonight.

Kyle Neuer 1 year ago

Reality would be a nice change of pace.

Phillip Chappuie 1 year ago

The question was what would you like to see, not what will you likely not see.

Doug Larson 1 year ago

"If you expect to see Democratic talking points being repeated at the RNC, you are doomed to disappointment."

You should tell that to Trump's wife. She had several Democratic talking points right out of Michelle Obama's speech!

Maddy Griffin 1 year ago

How about some concrete policy ideas?! Foreign, economic,domestic, something besides "It'll be great! Trust me." Seems like there are no ideas on how to get anything done, just a whole lot of bloviating and trashing of others who disagree.

Michael Kort 1 year ago

I would like to know why one of their Rep. candidates for office in Missouri, keeps running adds in a paper in Lawrence Ks ?

It just looks a little.............odd ?

Sure,.....it must be "freedom of speech" ! ?

Or, Is KOBACH trying to lure senile Lawrence Ks. / Douglas County Republican voters, into voting in Missouris' next election ?.........so he can Catch them ? !

That would make Kobachs' day !

This candidate has a shotgun ( in their commercial )..........just like Saddam ( who was Iraqs law and order guy )............but no cigar, hat or balcony ....................just a low budget knock off !