Previous   Next

What is your biggest concern about crime in Lawrence?

Asked at Dillons on Massachusetts Street on July 29, 2014

Browse the archives

“I’m disconcerted that there’s been a couple murders this year. There’s not an easy root cause to it, no common thread.”

“It seems to be escalating.”

“More along the lines of theft. I know some people who got bikes stolen and other various items in my neighborhood.”

“As a restaurant owner, the late-night people taking things. Chips, plants.”

Comments

Don Brennaman 8 months ago

Neglected white collar shenanigans.

Leslie Swearingen 8 months ago

I agree with Don, might that be classified as crimes against humanity?

Mike Edson 8 months ago

The more drug trafficking the more crime. This town has a huge meth problem.

Richard Heckler 8 months ago

The more Lawrence grows the more crime will grow. Crime is among the secret costs of growth.

Of course rape has been an ever growing problem. Why doesn't the university mandate and provide an extended self defense course for women?

30 years ago things were relatively quiet. Not anymore. More violence of all sorts.

More crime costs a lot more tax dollars mostly for investigation,apprehension, incarceration and trials. A 30 million tax $$$$$$ police station will do little to nothing towards preventing crime. A crime is not a crime until a crime has been committed.

The lower the wages the more crime. The worse the economy the more crime. Then of course we have white collar crime which generally cost taxpayers great big bucks.

Bob Smith 8 months ago

The criminally boring calls to end the growth of Lawrence.

Raymond Muñoz 8 months ago

The $3 ticket I got downtown for a very purposeful parking violation. Now THAT, my friends, is a crime. The ticket. Not my very purposeful parking violation.

7 months, 3 weeks ago

This unregulated or deregulated (and therefore criminal... it turns out to be... in practice) market driven world might have just a little bit to do with it. Why the hell should Lawrence be immune...lol.