Previous   Next

Should Kansas residents be allowed to carry loaded handguns in a vehicle without a concealed carry permit?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 13, 2014

Browse the archives

“No.”

“No, absolutely not.”

“Yes.”

“If it’s not conealed (in the car), I don’t see why they need concealed carry.”

Comments

Larry Sturm 2 months ago

You need to have a loaded CC in your car so that if someone cuts you off at a freeway entrance or a stop sign you can shoot them and they won;t do it again.

Keith Richards 2 months ago

I think we all watch to much t.v. I think we need to ask ourselves how many times have we been in a situation where we wished we had a gun to kill a person. I know there are a few instances where it might apply but if we take an honest look at our lives, I would assume 99% of us will never be in a situation where we need a gun. The problem with everyone having a gun in their car is people will pull their weapon out of rage, not defense. We all need to calm down and realize we are not living in an episode of Law & Order.

Les Blevins 2 months ago

I'll go a step further and say that concealed gun carry should be permitted anywhere by any legal citizen without a CC permit, otherwise people's 2nd amendment rights as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution are being infringed and thus violated.

Les Blevins 2 months ago

The question the writer asked was; Should Kansas residents be allowed to carry loaded handguns in a vehicle without a concealed carry permit? The answer is yes they should. In fact residents of any state should be allowed to do so in any state - so long as they are not felons nor disallowed for any other reason listed by BTAF on the firearm purchase form and so long as they are not concealed on a person.

Mike Ford 2 months, 1 week ago

when one does not comprehend the wrong of their actions nor do they care they rationalize situations like children. example......I've voted for supply side economics, evangelical judgement, racial and gender exclusion, financial hoarding and inequity and I refuse to accept that my vote is running this country into the ground. As long as my excuse of a political party holds state and some federal power I will advocate for the last vestige of denial enforcement I have....over arming myself in fits of delusional paranoia. You can't tell me anything based in reality....I'm armed to the hilt and I don't care. I think I nailed it.

Bob Smith 2 months, 1 week ago

The 9th Circuit Court ruled today that the 2nd Amendment establishes a right to carry arms. Let freedom ring! (Yes, there will be appeals from now until the heat death of the universe. It's still encouraging to see a federal court come down on the side of the people once in a while.)

Jim Phillips 2 months, 1 week ago

Hot news, people! Kansas has allowed the transporting of weapons in cars for years. Kansas does not require the gun be locked or out of the reach of any passenger, as long as the weapon is not concealed on your person proper unless you are in possession of a concealed carry permit. You would probably be surprised at the number of cars with firearms in them you pass everyday and the overwhelming majority of those evil, scary guns have never been used in a crime or to scare the poopoo out of anyone.

Munchma Quchi 2 months, 1 week ago

Kentucky allows this, and it has proven to be neither the apocalyptic nightmare that anti-gun activists would envision, nor has it proven to be the ultimate crime deterrent that the pro-gun activists would envision. Do what you will, Kansas, it will matter not.

Bob Smith 2 months, 1 week ago

In other firearms-related news: "We recently discussed the decision by the Los Angeles district attorney not to charge officers who shot up a vehicle of an innocent man because they were acting in “an atmosphere of fear and extreme anticipation.”Officers were on edge in the search for cop-killer Christopher Dorner. We now have a decision in the shooting that proceeded the McGee case where eight Los Angeles police officers fired over 100 times. Margie Carranza, then 47, was cut by flying glass while her then 71-year-old mother, Emma Hernandez was shot in the back. You guessed it. No one will be fired or even suspended. Let’s recap what these officers did and will now only be required to take a little more training. Police were searching for Dorner. Two women happened by the police delivering newspapers in a blue Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. (Dorner was driving a charcoal Nissan Titan pickup truck). Without clear identification and without any appearance of a weapon, the police fired 103 times at the truck. A Commission has now completed its investigation of the officers and found that the officers were not at serious fault in trying to kill two innocent unarmed women and unleashing a wall of lead on a vehicle..." http://jonathanturley.org/2014/02/12/eight-police-officers-fire-103-times-at-two-unarmed-women-delivering-newspapers-commission-rejects-calls-for-any-officer-to-be-fired-or-even-suspended/

James Howlette 2 months, 1 week ago

Ok, so we already have CC laws. I know several people who got one just so they could carry their guns to the range in their backpacks. They're not that hard to obtain.

Why do we need to allow people to carry around loaded handguns in their car if they haven't gone through the steps to get a CC permit? What purpose does this whole thing solve? The lazy target shooter's desire not to unload his or her gun before driving home?

I'm not being snarky. I don't know why this is necessary.

Elston Gunn 2 months, 1 week ago

I agree with Wayne, in a reticent yet irreverent sort of way.

Wayne James 2 months, 1 week ago

Why does every one feel the need to carry a firearm with them at all times?? Have we all reverted back to the 19th century?? What are you so afraid of???????
Perhaps you are all "yellow bellies", so afraid of everyone and everything that you are willing to die for that precious gun! I'll bet those who relish the idea of carrying gun on their hip would not be able to use it in an actual emergency situation & wouldn't be able to properly aim & fire it if their own lives depended on it.