Previous   Next

Would you pay for a seat at a sports bar to watch the upcoming KU men’s basketball game?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 28, 2013

Browse the archives

“No, I have a free seat at my house with a 62-inch TV screen and a free six-pack of beer.”

“Absolutely, because the servers make money from turning tables. Some people sit there for three hours and just order water. At least they (servers) will make money this way.”

“No, I wouldn’t. It’s cheaper to drink and watch the game at home.”

“I wouldn’t, but I don’t care about sports that much.”

Related story

Comments

avarom 1 year ago

Nada, I have season tickets to the Lakers!

g_rock 1 year ago

not that I would know or anything....

g_rock 1 year ago

Halftime activities are better at home.

CWGOKU 1 year ago

Oh heck no. Also my superstitions and game rituals would not go in a public place. And the bourbon is cheaper at home.

BABBOY 1 year ago

Pay to watch KU Basketball, well no.

But, if was the team I follow, yeah, I would drop some money for a good seat. As I understand it, the money goes to your tab so I would have no issue dropping 100 dollars or more cause the drunken crowd I hand with go through that in beer, nachos, and wings with no real problem.

I have gone to sports bars before and of course I always get there too late and have to stand.

But, again, I wear purple so the answer to this specifically worded question is genreally no...unless I was with my many Ku friends in which case I would chip in....

autie 1 year ago

No. I'm was too fiscally conservative for such reckless spending of hard earned money. Plus, I have a nice recliner and I can scream, call my own fouls and technicals and get as flagrant as I want to be, within reason or when my wife tells me to shut up and sit down. And the scotch is a lot cheaper at home.

The_Original_Bob 1 year ago

No, but I understand why businesses charge for tables on tourney game days.