Previous   Next

Where do you go to purchase gardening supplies?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 4, 2013

Browse the archives

“I’m a big fan of both Pine’s (Garden Center and Greenhouse) and Sunrise (Garden Center).”

“Usually Westlake (Ace Hardware) and the place in the Checkers parking lot.”

“Sunrise Garden Center.”

“I don’t really garden.”

Related story

Comments

Liberty275 10 months, 2 weeks ago

HD, Earl May, Sunrise. Thank goodness for sphagnum peat moss.

L7 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Garage sales for tools.

Bulk seeds usually at the end of the previous season where ever they are cheap, or I save my own from stuff I grow.

jane_doe 10 months, 2 weeks ago

That is my parent's job now that they are retired....the garden! Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, eggplant and acorn squash. Can't wait!

Andini 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Clinton Parkway Nursery for plants and trees. Westlake for equipment.

Patricia Davis 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Suburban, Grass Pad, Skinners, internet for speciality tools.

FlintlockRifle 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Produce and fruit Hy-Vee, ,back yard not big enough, thank goodness----- Remember when I was a young sprout on the farm how long the rows of green beans were, along with carrots, radishes and what ever dad could find for seed to put in the ground.

Phoghorn 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Phooey on these fancy pants farm stores. Back in my day, we made our own tools in our blacksmith shop. I once made the mistake of suggesting to Dad that we needed to purchase a new hoe. Oh, boy did he learn me better.

Phoghorn: Dad, I think the old hoe is worn out. What do you say one of us rides ol' Daisy down to the hardware store for a new one.

Dad: Balderdash! Do you know what they are sellin' hoes for in this town nowadays?

Phoghorn 50 cents.

Dad: 50 bloody cents. Do you know how hard it is to come up with 50 bloody cents?

Phoghorn: Uh, the neighbor paid me that much for fixing his plow last week.

Dad: Well if you can fix his plow, then you can sure 'nough make us a new hoe. Go rummage through that stash of wrought iron until you find a suitable piece. We'll have us a hoe in no time.

kernal 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Westlake Hardware and Home Depot for equipment. Pines, Sunset and various rural growers for plants.

CWGOKU 10 months, 2 weeks ago

The Grass Pad, Lowes, Home Depot. No garden gnomes!

Andini 10 months, 2 weeks ago

North Lawrence Neighborhoods

LogicMan 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Menards, Westlake, Home Depot, Walmart, Dillions, etc.