Previous   Next

Do you think it is a good idea to build a resort at Clinton Lake?

Browse the archives

“If it would help attract more people to Douglas County, yes.”

“I am not sure. It is not something I would go to.”

“No, it is a natural area, and there are already cabins there, anyway.”

“I do not know. I probably would not stay at it.”

Related story

Comments

Ron Holzwarth 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Sure! It's a great idea to build a resort at Clinton Lake, as long as it looks like Saltair!

For those not familiar with the Saltair resort, it's the resort on the Great Salt Lake in Utah where some of the scenes from 'Carnival of Souls' (1962) were filmed. The rest of the movie was filmed in Lawrence.

You can click on the photo for a closer look at its magnificent architecture.

Saltair, in approx 1900

Saltair, in approx 1900 by Ron Holzwarth

Liberty275 8 months, 3 weeks ago

If I want to go to a resort, I'll go to Eureka Springs and fork out $150/night at the haunted hotel, then spend my days in the spa, on the lake or downtown shopping. Last trip down there my wife spent the better part of $1000 on two purses... and I got a beer. Next time we are buying artwork.

Darin wade 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Kansas city developers have a negative social track record that works against social redeeming values of communities and causes communities to divide with vain assumptions that lead to poverty thefts and social crimes.

Darin wade 8 months, 3 weeks ago

No..I oppose it and it should be for a"Vote I'm contacting my city commission that I voted for and calling for a vote the resort works against "The city of lawrence best interest" the resort is for a (private associations ) based in Kansas city look at their track record of developing Social track record the prime motive works against our cities best interest.

thefisherman 8 months, 3 weeks ago

No. Leave our natural areas alone.

"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot"

BABBOY 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Maybe. Depends on what kind. 36 holes of golf 5 star golf would sell it for me.