Previous   Next

What is one transportation improvement you would like Lawrence to make?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 3, 2013

Browse the archives

“ Sometimes I get confused where the lanes are because the paint is faded. So maybe brighter paint.”

“ Well I take the bus. So anything they can to improve the bus system would be phenomenal. Not that it’s bad.”

“ Bike lanes would be good. They seem to be sort of not connected and disjointed.”

“ Maybe more turning lanes.”

Comments

labmonkey 2 years ago

A city grid pattern west of Iowa would be nice.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

We need something like the Bay Area Rapid Transit(BART) that would go underneath the Kansas River. Except it should only go north and end at a brick wall underneath Johnnies.

LogicMan 2 years ago

Brighter paint? Heck, just paint would be a huge improvement. Something's fishy in that department, methinks.

RoeDapple 2 years ago

"and more horses" - autie

"Herewith, three facts about horses: 1) They're cute. 2) They're edible. 3) You probably haven't eaten any lately because of fact No. 1."

labmonkey 2 years ago

Except we can forget to tell the people in the Merc...

Enlightenment 2 years ago

Just one transportation improvement? I have several. First Frankie is right and lines and curbs should be regularly painted. Second, enforcement needs to be stepped up and help educate drivers when they fail to follow the laws. Third, implement some sort of public education and driving refresher courses (i.e. how to use a roundabout and when to use signals regarding a roundabout). The majority of issues I see in this town is that drivers fail to use turn signals, drive slow in the left lanes on hwys, do not fully enter the center turn lanes and block the flow of traffic, and worst of all too many drivers turning onto multi-lane streets cut across several lanes instead of turning into the closest lane and then making a safe lane change.

pea 2 years ago

Teach people how to navigate a roundabout. Your left-hand blinker has no business in a roundabout. Right signal before the exit you intend to take. It's quite easy.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

Which one is dumber, a horse or a chicken? Hey Roe, you been hanging out at the Kaw lately? I bet our old friend is still waiting for you and Hollis Brown.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

I shall grow a handlebar moustache, nonetheless.

JayCat_67 2 years ago

They have those on the Seattle waterfront. They're pretty cool.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

"Mr. Zog's Sex Wax works great on one of those."

I used to use that stuuf to wax my board. Now I just wax my dolphin. Artie, why wasn't I invited? It better not have been a Compound Gang reunion. I'll be terribly hurt.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

Save the Whales, harpoon a..........oh, nevermind.

bevy 2 years ago

Where is Merrill with his post about walking trails and such? I was expecting him to be first. OK how to improve things in Lawrence....oh heck there are too many to list here. But I think the lanes need to be painted, for sure.