Previous   Next

Is your sidewalk clear of snow?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 2, 2013

Browse the archives

“ I live in an apartment, and it’s scraped.”

“ My sidewalk is and my drive way isn’t. It’s not much of a sidewalk.”

“ I honestly don’t know because I go out the back door.”

“ Yeah, it is actually. My landlord came and did it.”

Related story

Comments

consumer1 1 year, 3 months ago

Back in the late 60's I knew a chick who was a snow blower. after loosing 5 lines to her, we never invited her to party w/us anymore.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 3 months ago

"Are you saying that the imposition of compulsory actions stifle and hinder the growth of personal responsibility and societal cooperation?" RI

CWGOKU 1 year, 3 months ago

Nobody likes sidewalks............ nobody

BABBOY 1 year, 3 months ago

Nope. But, I do not live in Lawrence. I get doing sidewalks. My neighborhood does not have sidewalks. So, I like being the one guy on the block not obsessed with perfectly scraped driveway. Everyoine is else is kind of nuts about it. They are just nuts about watering their lawns in the summer.

It just seems stupid to me when I can drive through it. Again, if their were sidewalks, I would clear them for the kids but there are not so the flip with it.....

In short, I just plow through the snow on the driveway and try to keep the area right in front garage clean.....

Bridge 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes. Infact I did 2.5 blocks from my house. I have some of the best neighbors around. I spray weeds and grass in the summer time that grow in the cracks. I love the home and location I live. I have one neighbor that I rather see go someplace else to live But it does not hurt to be nice and move on.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 3 months ago

"Of course, I might feel differently if I had a fine hanging over my head" - T_O_B

CHEEZIT 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes, I think someone got a snow blower for Christmas. They did the whole block!!!

CWGOKU 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes, it melted. I'm not shoveling the sidewalk, we have 225 feet of frontage, not a chance I'll shovel all that. We don't live in Lawrence, so it doesn't matter. Let the walker beware

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

I never touch the stuff. Abstain, you might say.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 3 months ago

I shovel as soon as the snow is done and lay down some salt. Well, on my driveway. I don't have a sidewalk. Anyhow, it is completely snow/ice free and dry. It isn't that hard. Of course, I might feel differently if I had a fine hanging over my head.

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

My sidewalk is made of a standard concrete mix. Thus not clear at all. And if it is clear snow you want, one would have to melt it..then refreeze it? But then it would no longer be snow.

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 3 months ago

"Is your sidewalk clear of snow?"

Better than that: My snow is clear of having a sidewalk.

My_Life 1 year, 3 months ago

Always melts before it hits.