Previous   Next

What do you think of the camouflage jerseys the Kansas University men’s basketball team will wear at at least one Big 12 tournament game?

Asked at Allen Fieldhouse, 1651 Naismith Drive. on February 28, 2013

Browse the archives

“I think they look pretty ridiculous. They don’t look like sports uniforms. They are camo. Who are we trying to hide from?”

“Stick with the regular uniforms. Camo for me is a country thing. Lawrence isn’t country. Maybe they’d work for K-State.”

“They shouldn’t wear them. They just aren’t KU uniforms. Luckily it will just be for the TCU game that won’t be televised nationally.”

“Honestly, I don’t like them. I think our uniforms are fine, maybe a few more throwbacks. We are just not that kind of school.”

Comments

faceit 1 year, 1 month ago

If I were going to marry my sister, that's what I'd wear for the honeymoon.

Joe Hyde 1 year, 1 month ago

Wear 'em once in a low-profile game, but do it only to satisfy a contract obligation that was foolishly agreed to. Immediately after this basketball season ends, terminate the Adidas contract (which the state government can do) and in the next contract, with Adidas or whoever, make sure there is no wording in the contract that lets the supplier arbitrarily decide what our uniform design will look like.

If they want to experiment with new uniform designs, let them develop those designs on their own nickel and sell them to willing universities following acceptance by the team coaching staffs involved.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 1 month ago

“I think they look pretty ridiculous. They don’t look like sports uniforms. They are camo. Who are we trying to hide from?”

— Caitlin Henry, student, Augusta

Got to love this comment, best in a long time. However, I do like the camo uniforms. I would like to get the entire set.

Ichegoya 1 year, 1 month ago

I think anytime a page on a website refers to a specific image, that image should be displayed. I had to scout around for a picture of the uniform in question. They are ugly.

havecents 1 year, 1 month ago

Yeah Bailey, They'd work at KState and 99% of Kansas, just not on Snob Hill where a pattern for our nations military is looked down upon. You grew up in La Cygne? LOL.... Forgot your roots apparently, but easy to do in Lawrence. Having said that, there is alot better things you could do with camou.

CWGOKU 1 year, 1 month ago

Maybe the other team won't see our players and they will get a lot of uncontested shots. Really though, please don't wear them, leave the uniforms alone.

BABBOY 1 year, 1 month ago

Wow. Stupid.

I will simply this issue.

I wear purple so let me use a couple coaches at KSU ya all know to put this in perspective.

Now, while I could see an IDIOT like Ron Prince doing something this stupid, you would NEVER see Bill Snyder do this nonsense. Bill Snyder has several (maybe 7 without looking) 11 game winning seasons. Ron Prince went to bowl on Bill Snyder left overs and could never win 11 games if someone gave him a pro hall of fame team.

Bill Self shouldn't act like Ron Prince.....

g_rock 1 year, 1 month ago

They need the stick on Duck Dynasty beards too...

Andini 1 year, 1 month ago

They make me happy happy happy.

Kyle Neuer 1 year, 1 month ago

Please, leave the uniforms alone. Adidas has already proven they have all the taste and restraint of a Kardashian. Enough.

seagull 1 year, 1 month ago

Absolutely hideous. I thought uniforms couldn't get worse than those hi-vis/camo things Baylor wore last year. Ha. Ha.