Previous   Next

What was your favorite part of the snow day?

Asked at at the Campanile on KU Campus on February 21, 2013

Browse the archives

“ The driving. You can do whatever you want out there. It’s like the Wild West.”

“ Classes getting cancelled of course. It’s a good break from the semester.”

“ No school, It’s been a long week.”

“ No workouts.”

Comments

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 1 month ago

My favorite part of the snow day? The moment I realized I was done shoveling the snow for this snowstorm!

g_rock 1 year, 1 month ago

Snow day? Like not working due to snow? Unheard of in my world...

Liberty275 1 year, 1 month ago

Driving my Subaru in the snow.

autie 1 year, 1 month ago

I hear tell we got us new staff person down to the LJ...welcome Alma.

Rae Hudspeth 1 year, 1 month ago

Oh dear.
Luke there is the main reason I will not venture out until the roads are clear.

LadyJ 1 year, 1 month ago

Well it definitely is not having a really long driveway with two entrances and no snow blow/plow. Love it the rest of the year.

CWGOKU 1 year, 1 month ago

There are a lot of flakes out there

CWGOKU 1 year, 1 month ago

Detested the shoveling , but the bourbon afterwards helped a bit

autie 1 year, 1 month ago

My favorite part of the snow day is insulting my sister for not being at work...cause I don't get any snow days. We are on board 24/7/365....366 in a leap year. I did go home a little early and fell asleep watching TCM.

ljreader 1 year, 1 month ago

wow I feel like I need some heroin or something to shovel my drive.

appleaday 1 year, 1 month ago

I liked being among the group on "non-essential" employees at my work so I didn't have to drive to KC and back. I spent a couple of hours shoveling my long, sloped driveway and sidewalk and then watched movies the rest of the afternoon. I took a Lortab and an NSAID before I went to bed (which are OK to take together) and now I'm ready to shovel the snow the road crews plowed back up onto my sidewalk so I can head to my senior citizen's house so I can shovel her driveway and sidewalk. And my employer is still closed today. And I am still non-essential so this makes a great 4-day weekend!!!

nocrybabies 1 year, 1 month ago

Getting a good workout for free. Shoveled snow for six hours and even then just barley got my car out of the driveway. Of course a four pack of Sixth Glass, a couple diclofenac, and a couple viocodin ( and before you get all judgemental, I have a prescription from my doctor) made it all more enjoyable with the two blown discs in my lower back. Oh, and of course, I shoveled the sidewalk and my elderly neighbors sidewalk before the sidewalk police started writing tickets. Hey, I am just thankful to the good Lord that I still can.