Previous   Next

What was your favorite part of the snow day?

Asked at at the Campanile on KU Campus on February 21, 2013

Browse the archives

“ The driving. You can do whatever you want out there. It’s like the Wild West.”

“ Classes getting cancelled of course. It’s a good break from the semester.”

“ No school, It’s been a long week.”

“ No workouts.”

Comments

nocrybabies 1 year, 6 months ago

Getting a good workout for free. Shoveled snow for six hours and even then just barley got my car out of the driveway. Of course a four pack of Sixth Glass, a couple diclofenac, and a couple viocodin ( and before you get all judgemental, I have a prescription from my doctor) made it all more enjoyable with the two blown discs in my lower back. Oh, and of course, I shoveled the sidewalk and my elderly neighbors sidewalk before the sidewalk police started writing tickets. Hey, I am just thankful to the good Lord that I still can.

nocrybabies 1 year, 6 months ago

Actually, I only got my rear wheels to the curb. No way I was gonna drive on the streets. I park my car with the rear bumper at the curb line so the snow plows don't blow my driveway shut again. Should have known there was gonna be some nit-picky old maid critiquing my every word. And rarely do I take NSAIDs because they are bad for the kidneys. I am impressed with your knowledge of acronyms.......NOT.

nocrybabies 1 year, 6 months ago

Oh, and why does your comment history only show up as a blank blue screen with no information? That seems improper.

Liberty275 1 year, 6 months ago

Do NSAIDS not play well with alcohol?

Katara 1 year, 6 months ago

Only if you like having a functioning liver.

Liberty275 1 year, 6 months ago

I'd be more concerned about the acetaminophen in the percocet causing liver failure. NSAIDS are processed more by the kidneys.

Katara 1 year, 6 months ago

NSAIDs still have an impact on your liver especially when combined with alcohol.

appleaday 1 year, 6 months ago

I liked being among the group on "non-essential" employees at my work so I didn't have to drive to KC and back. I spent a couple of hours shoveling my long, sloped driveway and sidewalk and then watched movies the rest of the afternoon. I took a Lortab and an NSAID before I went to bed (which are OK to take together) and now I'm ready to shovel the snow the road crews plowed back up onto my sidewalk so I can head to my senior citizen's house so I can shovel her driveway and sidewalk. And my employer is still closed today. And I am still non-essential so this makes a great 4-day weekend!!!

LadyJ 1 year, 6 months ago

Sounds like I really need to start drinking alcohol just a little bit.

LadyJ 1 year, 6 months ago

Well it definitely is not having a really long driveway with two entrances and no snow blow/plow. Love it the rest of the year.

Rae Hudspeth 1 year, 6 months ago

Oh dear.
Luke there is the main reason I will not venture out until the roads are clear.

Liberty275 1 year, 6 months ago

Driving my Subaru in the snow.

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 6 months ago

My favorite part of the snow day? The moment I realized I was done shoveling the snow for this snowstorm!