Previous   Next

What restaurant do you think makes the best hamburgers in Lawrence?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Parkway on February 19, 2013

Browse the archives

“I will say Burger Stand. You can’t go wrong. They tell you what it is, and that is what you get.”

“Jefferson’s. I like having all the options they give you.”

“Five Guys. They remind me of a backyard-type of burger.”

“I would go with Dempsey’s. It’s good with or without the bun.”

Comments

nocrybabies 1 year, 2 months ago

McDonald's grilled onion cheddar burger with grilled caramelized onions for a buck!

Duane Nevins 1 year, 2 months ago

I second the vote for Set'em Up Jack's. Fatbottom burger, lumberjack style along with a side. Half price on Mondays makes it an even better deal.

Karl_Hungus 1 year, 2 months ago

No doubt it is Dempseys...quality of food, price, service, atmosphere, cute waitresses, and the (non-watered down) sauces!!!

motomom 1 year, 2 months ago

the BLACK and BLUE at the BURGER STAND... with a big basket of truffle fries. yowsa!!!!

msezdsit 1 year, 2 months ago

Setemupjacks makes as good a burger as BS on a good day. They probably just don't have as many good days as BS. BS is pretty consistent. But a burger is a burger for the most part. It is a good thing that the idea of making a good burger has sorta caught on and BS has a part in that here in Lawrence anyway.

paul85 1 year, 2 months ago

I like the burgers at Henry T's, however, I usually make them at home because I love them loaded with garlic and onions.

I see The Burger Stand was on the ZAGAT top 25 burger joints. I like them, but they don't season their meat enough and for what you pay for a single burger, I can get a few pounds of good ground beef and a package of buns. What I go there for are the truffle fries. Soo good.

autie 1 year, 2 months ago

My favorite is VistaBurger on sixth street. At least it was.