Previous   Next

Have you ever wanted to play Quidditch?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 26, 2013

Browse the archives

“It would be neat to go and see a game but I don’t think I’d play.”

“If it was the movie version, definitely. That’d be super dope.”

“I’d have absolutely wanted to play. Bossing out on a Firebolt (a type of broom in Harry Potter).”

“No, I’m not sure what that is.”

Comments

jack22 1 year, 8 months ago

Skyler you were supposed to say, "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

Brent Fry 1 year, 8 months ago

Skyler appears to be ready for his audition for the sequel to Raising Arizona

GibsonJunkie 1 year, 8 months ago

Funny, because I quite enjoy it.

Source: I play for KU.

asixbury 1 year, 8 months ago

Emily must have been living under a rock during the whole Harry Potter phase. Even if you have never read the books or seen the movies, how do you not know what it is? I can understand older folks not knowing, but she seems pretty young.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 8 months ago

Well, I am sixty-seven, own all the books, saw the movies when they came out and own the movies. I also went to Borders when the books came out at midnight. I was Mrs. Weasley. You would be surprised how many people my age love Harry Potter and collect items.

jack22 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm 27, I've never read the books, never seen the movies, and am thankful I have no idea what they're talking about. There are more important things in life than watching TV and trying to keep up with American/British pop culture.

mom_of_three 1 year, 8 months ago

what about reading a book? They were pretty good.

jack22 1 year, 8 months ago

I guess I'm more of a book snob, I prefer the classics.

asixbury 1 year, 8 months ago

The books are great...reading's quite fun. Nothing to do with pop culture.

Chris Golledge 1 year, 8 months ago

Personal flying device - awesome. Playing a game - don't care.

jonas_opines 1 year, 8 months ago

On flying brooms? Hell yes. NOT on flying brooms? No. The point of Quidditch is flying brooms.

I'd also love to be able to wave a wand and shoot a spell out of it, but I'd not get all that excited about waving a lit roman candle around and shouting "Expelliarmus!" either.

mom_of_three 1 year, 8 months ago

I am with you. If flying brooms were involved, then heck yes. running around on the ground pretending...not so much.

Currahee 1 year, 8 months ago

Flying brooms and parachutes so you dont die when you fall off. HP quiddich? Definitely. But "muggle quiddich"... it is the saddest thing I have seen in my life when college students do it. No you're not flying. No you're not living in a fantasy world. I'm picturing a fully grown man/woman going WHEEE on their broom while walking on two legs. How is that cool?

GibsonJunkie 1 year, 8 months ago

Because you obviously have never watched it, that's how.

Currahee 1 year, 7 months ago

Have fun living in your fantasy world.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 8 months ago

Harry Potter's parents were killed when he was a baby and he had to live with an uncle, aunt, cousin that mistreated him. It was only when he was eleven that he went to Hogwarts and had a family and friends. Even there he was taunted for not having parents, Ron was made fun of because his family were poor and Hermione because she was a "mudblood", that is too say of non-wizarding family.

Most of us can identify with the characters in the book and the troubles they have. I think we would also like to have a Dumbledore in our lives as well as a Hagrid. (Rowling named him that because she imagined him humming all the time and dumbledore is German for bumblebee.)

Tony Kisner 1 year, 8 months ago

No body wants to play quidditch. First you play to get the girls.....