Previous   Next

How much of a priority should education be in Kansas?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 19, 2012

Browse the archives

“ Top priority. Without an educated populous, the state will die.”

“ Top priority. I don’t think when kids are going to school they realize how important their GPA should be. ”

“ From what I think, the person being educated or taught should have their choice to attend school. Because the people that don’t want to try, why bother?”

“ I think it should be pretty important. I don’t think that our test scores reflect that education is not a top priority. Promoting education could be beneficial.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 11 months ago

Number 1!

For 53% of us. Or 1%. Or is it 93%?

My guess is it doesn't matter to 47% of us.

Is this a scientific poll? (pole?)

Wesley Willis 2 years, 11 months ago

Educations impotant so kids can make da rock sounds betta

Richard Heckler 2 years, 11 months ago

Should dumbing down America take precedent over public and higher education?

fiddleback 2 years, 11 months ago

But the real question is: should the president create a precedent that modern education takes precedence over good old-fashioned Bible-learnin'? I hope not, 'cuz I'd git so mad I'd need to take Precedex™.

grammaddy 2 years, 11 months ago

TOP PRIORITY!! The only way out of poverty is through education.

LogicMan 2 years, 11 months ago

A few million recent college graduates, with massive student loan debt and no job prospects, would likely disagree.

rockchalker52 2 years, 11 months ago

EdJooCayShun - it's how you learn stuff. For instance, if you can find a Krispy Kreme store today, they will give you a free donut if you talk like a pirate. Dress like one & they will give you a dozen.

Arrgh!

fiddleback 2 years, 11 months ago

It's "...take precedence..." Didn't you see the homonym lesson above?

Just foolin', Babboy. I reckon it'd be queer a me to put on airs like dat...Make me sound lak uh wuhnna dem homo-nim-rods...teeheehee...[spits]

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 11 months ago

One or two of people who were asked should give a little more thought before they answer,

fiddleback 2 years, 11 months ago

"Wife"? How dare you. "Disciple with benefits."

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 11 months ago

I hate questions like this. I'm not gonna drop a bunch of cliche names of people like Einstein who dropped out in 4th grade and went on to do great things. But I do know that you can't educate an idiot. I had sort of a friend who came here years ago to get her Doctorate in Special Education. This chick had zero common sense. Real liberal wingnut. I actually thought it was pretty cool until I found out her idea of Special is people who aren't white. She has a huge chip on her shoulder because she's special. Believe me, being white isn't that great. My life totally sucks.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 11 months ago

"Why does it leave out the part about his wife?"-BoB

And the dope and hookers. Hell, even that crappy Mel Gibson movie got into that. Hey BoB, I saw Wyclef's Jeans on Peerz Morgan last night. He looks like Erkel now, really beaten down. He at least used to think he was a musician but since Sean Penn wouldn't let him be President of Haiti he's a real sad sack.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 11 months ago

"What a beautiful day!"-MyLife

You must have woke up not being me. Look, life is awful. Just ask Kurt Cobain. Well, I guess you can't. Even on a sunny warm day you can still find stuff to be sick to your stomach about. I do it every day. Living in a van down by the river would be paradise for me. A good day for me is finding enough change in the couch to get a forty of Colt 45.

bunnyhawk 2 years, 11 months ago

That this is even a question in anyone's mind is evidence of how dramatically we have lost our collective vision. How pitiful are we that we spend one second squabbling about the importance of providing the best education we can to each and every one of our children.

The day we know we are on the right track is they day a new private school opens and no one enrolls their children because of the faith our parents have in our public schools.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 11 months ago

If you grew up with degenerates like this, you'd be messed up too.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 11 months ago

My God, what has happenned to the OTS?! It took hours for 2 of the coolest people here to respond. Well 3, but Bea is an off and on Skynard fan. Prospector? Hey I've decided not to go near the Brewery again until that Interview with the Vampire Guy Dave dude is dead. The "I'm so cool cuz I've never been married" guy. Well, I get it, but if you're hanging out where you work on your days off, something is definitely wrong. Plus, I've heard that moron Charlie has joined the list of "Idiots That Won't Go Away" list. And Alex is always pissed off, anyway. Tell me when it's safe to go back......

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 11 months ago

Is Mitch Romney still running for President?