Previous   Next

What is the strangest pet you have heard of someone having?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 14, 2012

Browse the archives

“ A monkey. It got loose and they found it up in a transformer. They had fried monkey.”

“ A hedgehog. I kind of want one, but they’re expensive.”

“ We were walking up the street the other day and a guy had a miniature goat walking along.”

“ There’s a guy south of us that had a cougar.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

Them folks with pet rocks is purty strange . . .

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 3 months ago

I had a troop of baboons once. Not no more

rockchalker52 2 years, 3 months ago

Never seen one in captivity, but I hear that Spacehogs are a handful.

LadyJ 2 years, 3 months ago

Maybe I don't know much about tires, but how do you build a tire? Or does he mean he builds with tires?

labmonkey 2 years, 3 months ago

At your age, don't your cougars risk broken hips?

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

autie - guess it don't matter long as he gets his rocks . . . off

labmonkey 2 years, 3 months ago

Is it just me, or are the crickets on steroids this year. Damn they are loud.

Carol Bowen 2 years, 3 months ago

My grandson (4) has a dead wasp. Carries it everywhere.

beatrice 2 years, 3 months ago

I've always been afraid of snakes. They seem to make strange pets that apparently need special care. When I was a child an older neighbor told me he had an anaconda that he kept safe by keeping it in his pants. He asked if I wanted to see it, but I didn't like snakes so I sad no. Years later, that man was on some kind of registry that kept him from giving out candy on Halloween. So yes, I would say snakes make strange pets.

Jean Robart 2 years, 3 months ago

iguanas. She had two of them, one died at home, the other one jumped all over her in the car, and she (they) had a fatal accident.

Kendall Simmons 2 years, 3 months ago

I had a coati mundi for 7 years. "Mingus". He was a GREAT pet! Even had him litter box trained.

Mingus was killed when he was 7 by a German Shepherd that was already not supposed to be outside unless he was under direct control by a person because he'd gotten loose and killed a couple of neighbor's pets...plus he bit several people. (Needless to say, the owner was a jerk who ignored the law repeatedly...and this was many years ago.)

The dog was put to sleep after running around loose in the neighborhood, then jumping over our fenced in back yard and killing Mingus...and the owner took me to small claims court! One guess who won.