Previous   Next

Would you be more likely to recycle if the city had curbside recycling?

Browse the archives

“ Yes, it’s just convenient and you’d think about it more. ”

“ Absolutely. It’s just the convenience of it. ”

“ Yes, you wouldn’t have to put in tons of effort.”

“ It’s a very good idea. It would make it more easy to be environmentally aware.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 3 months ago

Depends. I'd recycle all the sucker stuff (newspaper, plastic, filth) but the lions share (bottles & cans) is mine to sell! Beer cans and bottles for a nickel a piece - get round 36 of em and you gots enough money fora colt 45 buck eighty yee haw!

classclown 2 years, 3 months ago

If the city is willing to go through my trash and pick it all out and sort it, then I guess you'd be able to say I was likely to. And if the city forces me to have a recycle bin then considering that most trash is recyclable, I'll toss everything in there for them to sort through. Then get a smaller trash can and discount from the city for not having much trash.

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

I gots far more years behind me than I gots left so I ain't gonna waste a minute of it sortin' trash for flippin' tree huggers. What don't go in the burn barrel will be in the can out front. Do what ever you like with it.

Trumbull 2 years, 3 months ago

Maybe you are absorbing too much dioxin, arsenic, and mercury from the ole burn barrel Roe.

Liberty275 2 years, 3 months ago

I had a Korean girlfriend once. I hope that was legal.

Kendall Simmons 2 years, 3 months ago

We already do. And not to Deffenbaugh. (We like all our recyclables picked up.)

jonas_opines 2 years, 3 months ago

Nah, got a drop off here in Wilmington NC that's right on my way to and from the disc golf park, so it's just part of the Sunday ritual.

killjoy 2 years, 3 months ago

The city should just place recycling bins on the roundabouts and we can toss in our stuff as we circle.

Liberty275 2 years, 3 months ago

I recycle when I get paid to do it. Otherwise, I'm not interested.

Liberty275 2 years, 3 months ago

It's a shame the homeless get next to nothing for aluminum cans because recyclers give them to corporations for free.

Kat Christian 2 years, 3 months ago

I will recycle if its picked up and I don't have to pay for it to be picked up. Otherwise, I'm boycotting recylcing until the government forces manufacturers to stop over packaging so I won't have so much trash to recycle in the first place. I can fill a bag of trash just by cooking one meal in my house. Also does that mean we still have to continue using plastic bags to bind what trash we do put in the City's can? I refuse to buy plastic bags just to throw away - I use the grocery store bags I get when I shop - not any better for environment, but Plastic bags cost too much to waste money on that I can use to buy a gallon of milk instead. When you're on a small budget one must choose what's important for survival for the moment, not a century from now.

jafs 2 years, 3 months ago

What are you cooking?

If you use basic, healthful ingredients like fresh vegetables, legumes, whole grains, etc. you'll have very little trash from a meal.

Also, what are you doing to encourage the government to stop excessive packaging?

Kat Christian 2 years, 3 months ago

Who has time to cook from scratch? Cooking is NOT my favorite chore - and that is what it is to me a chore. I'd rather clean the bathroom than cook. So I find the fastest easiet ingredience to get the job done. I have written letter to the government about over packaging.