Previous   Next

Do you know who Carrie Nation is?

Browse the archives

“I have no clue.”

“Absolutely. She helped do away with drinking.”

“No I don’t.”

“No.”

Related story

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

“Men are nicotine-soaked, beer-besmirched, whiskey-greased, red-eyed devils.” - Carrie Nation

She was such a flirt

Flap Doodle 2 years, 3 months ago

I mourn the death of cultural literacy.

jonas_opines 2 years, 3 months ago

She's dead. Like my beer from last night.

Mike Ford 2 years, 3 months ago

she'd be hanging out with our kansas crazies imposing her will upon others.

royalpain 2 years, 3 months ago

The last gentleman is not from Kansas. He's a KU football player from Texas.

Pastor_Bedtime 2 years, 3 months ago

She was another intolerant Christian terrorist like Roeder who resorted to violence to achieve her goals.

somedude20 2 years, 3 months ago

Didn't she play Princess Leia in Star Wars

acg 2 years, 3 months ago

Can u believe that's Carrie Fisher? I saw her on Roseanne's Roast and was all like um, what happened? Doesn't look like this anymore!! LOL

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

In BABBOY's world everyone he disagrees with is a conservative.

riverdrifter 2 years, 3 months ago

Ms. Nation got run out of the town of Enterprise when she tried to axe up the town's only bar. Enraged citizens chased her over the cattle bridge across the Smoky Hill river throwing rotten vegetables at her.

scopi_guy 2 years, 3 months ago

It was the all-female band from 1970's Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

riverdrifter 2 years, 3 months ago

Enterprise is still a viable little town. I've seen worse.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 3 months ago

You see I understand Ms. Nation because I have seen the devastation caused by men who drink and destroy themselves and their families. Of course, this can apply to women as well. One poster suggested that perhaps she was sexually repressed. That seems to be the response of quite a few men to women who they disagree with, are getting out of line, or above themselves. A man wants a woman who can laugh and have a good time. Yes, but, women hold down jobs, they take care of their children, they are even in congress now, making decisions that affect the country. They have a lot more on their mind then a laugh and a good time. So, men will respond to women who don't laugh at their jokes, refuse their advances, as sexually repressed/frustrated, don't have a sense of humor. Truly there is a time for a joke and a time not to joke and please let go of the jokes that merely serve to insult and humiliate a woman because you didn't get what you want. There is a time and place for everything. There is nothing wrong with alcohol in and of itself, it is when it is abused that consequences ruin lives. Joking is great, we all need to laugh and have fun, but not at someones expense. http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/Controversies/Biography-Carry-Nation.html

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 3 months ago

No, fool, what I wrote is all me. I do not have an online dating profile, I don't even know what that is. I wrote what I had to write. Some things do need to be taken seriously. You can make fun of me any way you want to, but I write the truth.

Bill Lee 2 years, 3 months ago

Further evidence of the shortcomings of our current educational system.

Jay_lo 2 years, 3 months ago

She became irrelevant when they did away with "Don't axe, don't tell"

RogueThrill 2 years, 3 months ago

She's the namesake of the best bluegrass band from Kansas, nay the world.

deec 2 years, 3 months ago

Carrie Nation...isn't that what Obama did in 2008?

riverdrifter 2 years, 3 months ago

I mean, look at that picture. If Ol' Carrie bucked out and jumped in my hot tub, I'd run away. AAAIIIEEE!