Previous   Next

Do you have any favorite memories of your grandparents?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 8, 2012

Browse the archives

“My grandma was a bootlegger. She used to sit on top of trucks while there was booze on it, when they would investigate.”

“Hanging out with my grandma on the holidays. I still like to cook her original recipes.”

“No, because I don’t know my grandparents that well. ”

“I love the fact that my grandma loved cats.”

Comments

Bill Lee 2 years, 3 months ago

My paternal grandfather loved poppies, so his back yard was covered with them.

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

I was raised by a pack of Arctic Wolves. In the Patagonian Desert. They found me in a dumpster behind Montgomery Wards. I thought you knew that.

grammaddy 2 years, 3 months ago

My grandfather made liquor in the shed behind the house. I always loved the story of my father and his brother listening to the radio when the Untouchables came on.I guess it started with sirens and sounds of shooting. Legend has it that grandpa ran up out of the basemen t and (thinking it was the cops)destroyed whatever he had going on in the shed. When he realized what was really happening, he took out the 12-gauge, shot up the radio and beat my Dad and Uncle until they couldn't sit for a week..

number3of5 2 years, 3 months ago

When my eldest daughter was about 1, we lived next door to my grandmother. Every day she would bring a banana over for my daughter. My daughter called her nana grandma. One day she did not have any bananas and she brought over an apple. To the child, this was not acceptable, so my grandmother went to the store on the bus and bought some bananas.

rockchalker52 2 years, 3 months ago

To get great fried chicken, I had to wait until we visited Gramma's house. My mom quit cooking it after Dad compared the two. Ooh, the gravy hit the fan that night...

My grampa playing catch with my cousins & me & then tractors rides for everyone!

Harvesting persimmons with Gramma while she pointed out all the varieties of trees on their Morris County farm.

Kat Christian 2 years, 3 months ago

Didn't know any of my grandparents and what a lose because I always wanted a grandma. So cherish your grandparents for as long as they are alive because before too long they will leave this earth and you will lose a part of yourself in the process. So find out all you can about their lives and family history. Don't let it die with them.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 3 months ago

I was lucky to have all my grandparents in town and my great grandmother is still living in Lecompton. They really helped out when me and my three brothers were growing up. So much wisdom they can teach you - things that your parents can't always find time to do since they have to work so much!