Previous   Next

Would you go to a resort built at Clinton State Park?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 6, 2012

Browse the archives

“I would probably not. I think I would find things to do around here that do not cost money.”

“No, there’s plenty of other options available. Even at Clinton Lake there’s plenty of natural activities.”

“No, I’d rather go camping.”

“I’d go check it out one time to see what it’s about. It depends on the prices, though.”

Comments

tange 1 year, 7 months ago

Perhaps something with a carnival atmosphere...

_

autie 1 year, 7 months ago

Could they staff the resort with lemur labor? It might keep the cost down and they could feast on the wolf spiders that attacked whathisname out on that island.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 7 months ago

I'd advise people to give the lemurs plenty of room whenever the moon is full. They tend to get frisky, if you know what I mean.

CWGOKU 1 year, 7 months ago

I can't wait to go to the game tomorrow and sit with my son and listen to him tell me about how he is getting straight A's, staying in at night, bed by 10:00PM......... blah, blah, blah........ I know better. I taught him well.

livefoniks 1 year, 7 months ago

The best time I ever had at Clinton Lake involved pulling an inflatable boat stocked with beer, whiskey, food and a girl out to that rock island just offshore from Bloomington Park. We got drunk, roasted some frozen eggrolls and burritos on sticks over a campfire. Nudity was involved. We woke up covered in wolf spiders and a passing fisherman stopped to gawk and ask if we were okay. Fun times, man. I'd like to see any resort top that.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 7 months ago

"Maybe they could put it by Sesquicentennial Park"-BoB

Ah. yes. Glorius Sesquicentennial Park. So much to see, so much to do.........

Timothy Eugene 1 year, 7 months ago

Stupid question. The resort would be designed.......intended...... to bring in tourists, thus tourist dollars. It wouldn't truly be for the people who already live here. Why spend money to stay there when your house is 3 miles away?

g_rock 1 year, 7 months ago

Oh and I prefer ocean front resorts. Bringing one to Clinton may be counterproductive.

CWGOKU 1 year, 7 months ago

Dang, g_rock beat me to frolicking............. But no, I would not. If I am going to travel and stay at a "resort", it won't be around here. I might check out that lemur thang which ya'll speak of.

riverdrifter 1 year, 7 months ago

No. I'd go the other way -whichever way that is.

Machiavelli_mania 1 year, 7 months ago

I would NOT go to this resort at Clinton. But if it were build in Central or Western Kansas, I would indeed go to it, and on a routine basis.

g_rock 1 year, 7 months ago

Just don't Yoder in the city's water source. Thanks.

prospector 1 year, 7 months ago

I got a better resort that I might have to resort to this weekend. Fish on!

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 7 months ago

Maybe they could put it by Sesquicentennial Park.

imastinker 1 year, 7 months ago

I'm not sure how I feel about a resort, but I do wish we had better facilities at Kansas Lakes. Clinton is pretty small to have a lot of stuff, but Perry doesn't even have a decent swimming beach.

Sharon Nottingham 1 year, 7 months ago

Nope. However, it would be nice to rent paddle boats, canoes, and kayaks there. Shawnee Lake in Topeka rents those out, and I have rented often from there.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 7 months ago

Just another way to restrict the activities of the people.

autie 1 year, 7 months ago

I bet Gart has a big collection of J. C. Penny's catalogs,huh?

msezdsit 1 year, 7 months ago

That would be a confirmed no. Might do a drive through and check it out at the very most.

Bad Idea.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 7 months ago

Will there be space for romping and cavorting?

classclown 1 year, 7 months ago

Let's see, drive the entire three miles to get all the way to the other side of town to stay there, or... actually go somewhere exciting. The whole idea of going to a resort is to get away from the boring town you live in, not continue to stay there.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 7 months ago

Only if it looks like The Oread, a total ripoff of Pink Floyd's "Animals" album cover.

And only if there's a Build-A-Bear store in the lobby.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 7 months ago

A resort next to a giant filthy mudhole. Somehow I don't see it. Now on the other hand, if it had a Cupcake Construction temporary flybynight boutique store, I'd probably look into it. For now I'm still busy trying to find ways to keep Downtown Lawrence hip, cool, and vibrant.

nudist 1 year, 7 months ago

Mmmmmm, maybe. What kinda resort?