Previous   Next

What is the most artistic thing you have done?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 5, 2012

Browse the archives

“One time I made a three-dimensional sculpture out of paper.”

“I can’t think of one instance. I try to live my life as art everyday.”

“I painted an entire bus in high school. It was a giant 1958 full-sized school bus.”

“I made a brew of beer from native plants.”

Comments

riverdrifter 1 year, 7 months ago

I tried to make my body conform to modern art but it didn't work out for me, either.

he_who_knows_all 1 year, 7 months ago

Having a Nagel art piece in every room.

CWGOKU 1 year, 7 months ago

Paint by numbers. Except you have to know your numbers.

rockchalker52 1 year, 7 months ago

Not much drawing ability in this family. Mrs52 can still draw the wolf whistles. The monks, with their impermanent sand paintings, have inspired me to take up the etch-a-sketch again.

scopi_guy 1 year, 7 months ago

I think I saw Courtney's bus. It said "Careful: Nervous Mother Driving" on the back of it.

autie 1 year, 7 months ago

I made tin foil hats a few years ago when the bird and swine flu was coming up through the trade routes. A think that qualified as art. Put on the tin foil hat and an N-95 mask and you look like spacehog's style scout photo, sort of.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 7 months ago

I leave that sort of stuff up to the lemurs.

somedude20 1 year, 7 months ago

Bending paper clips, I kid. I made a woman out of taxidermied animals, gorilla glue and latex, that was pretty neat!

jonas_opines 1 year, 7 months ago

Wrote a 300 page illustrated novel/fan-fiction last year. Did a ton of sketches and pencil drawings back in college. Made a few oil paintings, pastel drawings, etc. back in high school.

CWGOKU 1 year, 7 months ago

Can't talk about it

Roed, you have any more of them tin foil hats?

autie 1 year, 7 months ago

I vomited once on the floor and it looked like the virgin Mary. We had the priest come in to verify if it was a miracle.....and he promptly smelled it then vomited also. Then somebody let the dogs in and they ran through it and tracked it all over and Momma got really made and I had to clean it up...please, don't ask anymore questions about art.

Bill Lee 1 year, 7 months ago

I carve wood, so I've done several pieces.

Gart 1 year, 7 months ago

I just re-read the wording of this question. I will also pass.

Pitt_Mackeson 1 year, 7 months ago

I make smiley faces with my breakfast. Two fried eggs sunny side up for eyes and a bacon mouth. And if you're feeling crazy you could have a sausage nose and hash brown mustache.

Gart 1 year, 7 months ago

Umm...LJW. Some slack, please. The posed question: "What is the most artistic thing you have done?...And an slick artist from the crew, who is an artist replies: “I can’t think of one instance. I try to live my life as art everyday.”??? Does Spacehog have Kin?

Gart 1 year, 7 months ago

“One time I made a three-dimensional sculpture out of paper.”

Wow! Me too! And it was so "Neetoe"!! Then I made a "Cootey-Catcher" (sp) which I think was more than three-dimensional after eating some shrooms. Was just so much fun I ended up painting a bus with kerosine - left over from my dads paint brush cleanings - and real paint. Umm.. was actually some painted siding that we helped liberate from some mean old wretch's house. Tasted good at the time. . .

Then after, well, you know, had some lighters around, made some good home brew liquor made from all native plants.

That was a long time ago. Now I just shoot off firearms in, or around my house, and claim that I am off my meds. Works great!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!