Previous   Next

What’s your favorite part of homecoming week?

Asked at Adams Alumni Center on October 27, 2012

Browse the archives

“The marching band. My son’s in it.”

“The parade. My husband was in the Alumni Band and it was fun to see him march again.”

“Being a part of the Alumni Band. The Marching Jayhawks have some of the greatest traditions around.”

“ The parade was really awesome and the pep rally was really good. It was great to sing the alma mater.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Today is Cranky Co-Workers Day. Makes me damn glad I'm retired.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 1 month ago

Me too. Now Candy Cane can watch the Chuckie marathon in peace. Say, my daughter has got her CDL license and is driving a bus for KU and loving it.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 1 month ago

No, it means she home schools her children. More and more families are opting for that. I imagine she does do some housework from time to time.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

" Say, my daughter has got her CDL license and is driving a bus for KU and loving it."

Tell her to cool it, Artie. With everything she's got going on she's making me feel lazy as hell. I mean, I am, but I don't need to be reminded.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

The concert at the Fieldhouse. Somebody told me it was going to be Justin Bieber this year. I've been camping out since midnight but no one else is here yet. Concerts at Allen were fire, baby. The acoustics were terrible so the key was to play really loud. My first concert ever was Cheap Trick at AFH in the spring of 1980. Mind blowing. They played so loud my ears were ringing and my friend and I couldn't hear each other after the show. Laugh if you want, but I saw them again at Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu in 1988. Same thing. Two of the loudest shows I've ever been to. I remember when Alice Cooper played there April 15, 1973. Our babysitter took us up there early because I wanted too look in the window and see if he was biting off chicken heads.

Heisenberg 2 years, 1 month ago

Sara was one of the best drum majors around.