Previous   Next

What’s the most important issue in the upcoming election?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 23, 2012

Browse the archives

“The economy.”

“ I’m not big into politics. Probably jobs is a big deal and getting some economic stimuli.”

“The health care.”

“The economy is to me.”

Related stories

Comments

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

Is alcohol a factor? It seems to be a factor in everything lately. I don't remember the last day the LJW didn't have a story about alcohol relatedness. What the hell is going on? A new conspiracy to get people to stop drinking? That's what happened with smoking. When I was a kid everyone knew smoking was bad for you but back then people decided what was best for them. Now you're a pariah if you smoke. I can't even smoke in the damn doctor's office anymore. And I have to watch gruesome commercials of people showering with holes in their throat. Percentage-wise that doesn't happen often. Like mouth cancer from dipping snuff. Almost never. And did you know that the human liver can function at 7%? Beyond that your dead, but it would even take me a long time to get to that point. And how am I supposed to stop drinking if I have to read about it in the paper everyday. I'm gonna go have another cigarette and a martini. I've decided I'll water my vodka down with vermouth. Good night.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

Oh, the most important issue? Gauged ears, of course.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Hi Rachael. I haven't had a credit card for years. What business are you talkinbout?

jonas_opines 2 years, 1 month ago

dingdingding!

Dependency on government for new jobs, or dependency on large, often subsidized, corporations for new jobs.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

There will never be a bacon shortage. I just checked. My bacon strips are plentiful.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

Castro, Chavez and Putin have all stated that they want our current regime to continue for another term. Which side are you on?

Liberty275 2 years, 1 month ago

I wonder if he's the one that keeps asking if I want fries with my burger.

oldbaldguy 2 years, 1 month ago

The growing gulf between us and them, the gradual disappearance of the middle class, our continual state of war. Who would of thought a mormom and a half black guy would both be running for the presidency at the same time? We have come a long way, but as the late Jerry Reed sang, "there is a long way to go."

I still believe Roller Ball is around the corner unless big corporations are reined in

deec 2 years, 1 month ago

But then it won't matter anymore how high the deficit goes because when a GOP guy is in charge, "deficits don't matter."

Kyle Neuer 2 years, 1 month ago

Always vote separation of church and state.

oldvet 2 years, 1 month ago

Maybe that's because you don't show up when He is there... just maybe...

Kyle Neuer 2 years, 1 month ago

Not rewarding the GOP for their behavior of the last four years.

Larry Sturm 2 years, 1 month ago

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

"taking us down the same road as the Ragan deregulation, H W Bush bail out of the savings & loan institution G W Bush unfinanced war and brake down of the financial world."

What a mess. Okay, I'll proofread first. I think you mean Reagan. Period after H, period after W. Comma after institution. Period after G, period after W. Comma after war. In this case you need to use break instead of brake. Actually breakdown is one word. And although this is more of a fragment than a proper sentence, you should still capitalize the T in taking.

As for the factual errors, modern day deregulation began with Reagan. And it continued, uninterrupted, until Bush II. It included An agreement between the Clinton administration and congressional Republicans, reached during all-night negotiations which concluded in the early hours of October 22, 1999, settting the stage for passage of the most sweeping banking deregulation bill in American history, lifting virtually all restraints on the operation of the giant monopolies which dominate the financial system.

When in doubt, blame everything on Reagan. That's about as fresh as an Elvis joke.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

I reckon it'll stay windy for a while yet.

Armstrong 2 years, 1 month ago

Reintroducing Barry to the private sector Nov 7

Liberty275 2 years, 1 month ago

"What’s the most important issue in the upcoming election?"

Reducing the size and scope of government and a 50% reduction in laws.