Previous   Next

Who is the most inspiring person in your life and why?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 14, 2012

Browse the archives

“ My sister. She dedicates her life to helping others. She works for a not-for-profit fighting slavery and human trafficking.”

“ My student, who recently told me her mother is dying but she hasn’t quit school and stopped coming. She deals with it, and she rose to the challenge.”

“ I work with a woman who is inspiring. She is an animal rights activist. The longer I work with her, the more I want to be like her.”

“ I have a colleague who is a professor. She has achieved a lot at a young age and hasn’t had to sacrifice anything.”

Comments

riverdrifter 1 year, 6 months ago

My Dad. He was an island hopping Marine in WWII. One of his closest friends was E. B. Sledge. They served together from islands way out in the Pacific to Peiping, China. "We didn't really do anything in the war." Riiight.

rockchalker52 1 year, 6 months ago

Free all of the #%!¥€~*~! flippin' blogs! This second page nonsense is rilly chappin' my backside. Damn that drunken janitor!

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

Marion was an inspiration. A purveyor of truth and wisdom. HIs lessons on hiding in car trunks to being vilgilante of the trade routes helps us daily in our lives. His computer skills are legendary. ♣woof woof♣

RoeDapple 1 year, 6 months ago

. . . . oh, the burden I bare . . (bear?)

But hey! Y'all are welcome to participate in the next "RoeDy's House Of Paranoia Tent Revival And Apocalypse Watch". Please bring your tin hats and a blanket. Kool-Aid will be served at midnight.

tange 1 year, 6 months ago

Einstein. Certainly among the most perspiring.

And... RoeDster speaketh the truth:
"... Everyone has something to offer. Even if it's only to serve as a bad example."
He inspires me daily.

/ sometimes several times daily

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

Anytime my behavior becamed odious, Momma made me to take a bath. Sometimes she'd even inspire me to move in that general direction...with a switch.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 6 months ago

The odious behavior of the benighted true believers who still assign greatness to the current resident of 1600 Penn. Ave. inspire me not to be so gullible.

rockchalker52 1 year, 6 months ago

Oprah with all the hilarious comedy. Wait...I have that backwards.

Mrs. 52's patience is inspiring.

RoeDster speaketh the truth.

weiser 1 year, 6 months ago

Obama.... He changed things in Washington.

RoeDapple 1 year, 6 months ago

No one in particular. Everyone has something to offer. Even if it's only to serve as a bad example.

moralebooster 1 year, 6 months ago

sometimes we just need a little perspective in our lives...

Bill Lee 1 year, 6 months ago

My parents were inspiring with their encouragement to always do my best. They had more faith in me than I had myself. They're both gone now, but I think of them everyday.