Previous   Next

Have you ever had problems with the maintenance of a place you lived?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 12, 2012

Browse the archives

“ I have in Topeka years ago. It was horrible. And if the landlord doesn’t enforce it, who do you go to?”

“ We had water in our basement for three weeks and didn’t get it fixed. We threatened to not pay our rent. ”

“ Yes, pests, mostly spiders. They definitely bit and were certainly gross. ”

“ You have to have regulations by the city. You have to have regular inspections to make sure everything is up to code.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Bitch, bitch, bitch! I told her I would fix the leaky faucet, and I WILL!!! No need to remind me every six months . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

So . . . There's a fungus . . amongus?

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 2 months ago

I've learned a lot since I bought a home. Well, actually the bank owns it and they'll probably kick me out pretty soon. My toilet was clogged up again. That happens a lot. I poured a gallon of gas in it and tossed a match. Cleared it right up. I know Ronaldo spends a lot on repairmen. That sissy can't fix anything.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 2 months ago

I saw Joe Walsh on Peerze Morgan last night. WTH did he do to his nose? He related a story about a 2 day party with John Belushi which must have been a blowfest. Cocaine nosejob probably. I'm on some kind of wierd Eagles kick. Have you heard them do "Take It to the Limit" since those arrogant bastards fired Randy Meisner? Nope. And you never will, cuz nobody does it like Randy.

George Lippencott 2 years, 2 months ago

To answer the posed question - all the time. we own it and we must maintain it or take a hit in value (not to mention getting wet from the leaks)

gbulldog 2 years, 2 months ago

I had a duplex behind my property that sat vacant for several years.

I never become a landlord because of experiences my family and friends have had. One friend had a nice ranch house. Because of children in the house, he could not evict them for non payment of rent. When they finally moved out he found that they basically had destroyed the house and he was forced to tear it down. He decided to sell the lot and not rebuild.

The duplex behind me had several tenants. Most were good decent neighbors, but one couple had 20 plus dogs. They never did clean up the yard. Finally the City health department had to forciablly evict them and clean up the place.

Our neighborhood is going downhill because the only people who can get the money to buy a home is investors. The investors rent the home out, them fail to maintain the home. The house next door has been the subject of police drug raids, multiple tenants, and needs a lot of maitenance. Because of the condition of this house, my resale value has dropped and no one is interested in buying my home except investors.

th3