Previous   Next

Did you watch the debate Wednesday night and, if so, do you think there was a winner?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 4, 2012

Browse the archives

“ I honestly don’t think there was a winner. The moderator was horrible. They walked all over him. It seemed like a farce.”

“ I did watch. I thought Romney. He seemed more on point and energetic.”

“ Despite what the media says, there wasn’t a clear winner. ”

“ I watched five or 10 minutes and I don’t think Obama won.”

Comments

beatrice 1 year, 6 months ago

I think Ernie won. He always had it out for Big Bird too.

prospector 1 year, 6 months ago

Hey Kris! The farm life appears to agree.

Peace

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

"I want a candidate that DID NOT go to Harvard or Yale."

Vermin Supreme is your man. He didn't attend any university.

My_Life 1 year, 6 months ago

This whole election thing is dividing good solid American families. Me and Indyan are even experiencing some differences. Indyan loves Big Bird and is glued to the set whenever He can tune in the big yellow lovebird. He's also worried that Mitty might make me and Him get unhitched. And He's also worried that Mitty will buy up all the business in America and fire all the employees and sell off what's left to the Chinese at huge profits. To me it doesn't matter what Mitty is all about as long as he keeps Jesus first and foremost as the priority of America. Save the unborn. "In God We Trust." This is getting soooo complicated it makes my head want to explode!

ShePrecedes 1 year, 6 months ago

I want a candidate that DID NOT go to Harvard or Yale.

ShePrecedes 1 year, 6 months ago

I did not watch the debates. I think it is a total scam to only have two parties to choose from. Both parties are so extreme.

I am not on one side of the aisle or the other.

I am IN the aisle.

The USA should have at least 5 media-validated political parties. Since the media is NOT repressing third, fourth and fifth parties, I simply do not plug into the media. I know I am not the only one who has turned off the media this election cycle.

g_rock 1 year, 6 months ago

I wanna watch them wrestle.

CWGOKU 1 year, 6 months ago

Red Dawn is on the Military Ch tomorrow night. Wolverines!

commonsenseanyone 1 year, 6 months ago

Romney is actually qualified for the job vs Obungle. It's over, the bums lost, all of you with your hands out put them back in your pockets and go to work.

Trumbull 1 year, 6 months ago

President Obama was not on game. Not sure what was wrong. I was disappointed that he did not standus up and fight a little more for his positions and those of his supporters.

Romney won the debate in my opinion. He appeared more likeable than I had previously percieved him to be. However, he still appears to be a guy who will say anything. On this night he appeared, dare I say liberal. Pointing out the good things about Massachustts health care (Romney Care), the good things about regulation, etc. In hindsight it makes you say that he is not really a leader, but controlled by something else....without a genuine stand on anything.

I still like and support President Obama. He is more about moving forward. Romney gives every indication he will be like a 3rd Bush term revisited.

rockchalker52 1 year, 6 months ago

I'm voting BABBOY for Prez. His awesomeness is so awesome he doesn't even need a veep on the ticket.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

""Altitude is never a factor because the game is played inside." —TCU BASKETBALL COACH BILLY TUBBS, AFTER HIS TEAM GREW FATIGUED WHILE RUNNING A FULL-COURT PRESS AGAINST NEW MEXICO AT THE MILE-HIGH PIT IN ALBUQUERQUE IN 1997"

Classic.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 6 months ago

Jimmy Carter donates his time and talents to Habitat for Humanity.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 6 months ago

I was busy tweeting in real time on The Twitter. I have no idea what that means, but I do know that Al Gore is the most greatest scientist ever.

prospector 1 year, 6 months ago

These debates SUCK since 1988 when the parties dumbed it down for the people. I'm still pissed. Flip the two party system.

"The League of Women Voters is withdrawing sponsorship of the presidential debates...because the demands of the two campaign organizations would perpetrate a fraud on the American voter. It has become clear to us that the candidates' organizations aim to add debates to their list of campaign-trail charades devoid of substance, spontaneity and answers to tough questions. The League has no intention of becoming an accessory to the hoodwinking of the American public."

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 6 months ago

Mitch Romney still looks like he just sat on an egg, very uncomfortable. No wieners though, unless Anthony's Wiener was there, but I doubt it. And also.......

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

"Why am I not surprised the lovable looneys of Larryville aren't counted among that sizable majority .."\

You didn't bother reading the comments, right?

notajayhawk 1 year, 6 months ago

Let's see: Two thirds or more of the people who watched the debates - as polled by sources including CNN and Yahoo!, hardly conservative-leaning organizations - said Romney handed Odumbo his @**. Why am I not surprised the lovable looneys of Larryville aren't counted among that sizable majority ...

prospector 1 year, 6 months ago

If I want theater, I prefer Starlight on a summer evening or Liberty Hall, cause they serve Free State beer.

Algore showed he knows as much about altitude as he does the weather. Where has he been anyway?

CWGOKU 1 year, 6 months ago

I heard the ref blew a call at the end for the game.

I watched Big Bang Theory re-runs. Bazinga.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

I didn't waste my time watching two morons swap lies. However, it was nice to see Al Gore make a complete ass out of himself again.

Vermin Supreme 2012.

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

Hat tip to Mr. BABBOY.

Only 77 more days of this nonsense. And then...

BABBOY 1 year, 6 months ago

Oh come on man, How many days in roll ya going to ask this question. Debates are stupid.

I did not watch the debate. Nothing on this planetywill cause me to vote for a fliphole like Romney.

Dude has a silver spoon shoved up his backside.

Flip him.

Even though Romeny is rich flipping jerk that has noting in common with 95 pecent of the populus, I know all you conservatives will vote for him because he waives the flap and beats his bible. Ya all are just stupid.

That goodness the rest of the Country is not stupid as Kansas......

Anyway, I did not watch because it would pissed me off so badly that I would had gotten my flame thrower out of the garage and burned this whole stupid flipping place down to the ground....

Just do not like Romney or the conservatives that blindly support him.....

classclown 1 year, 6 months ago

Based on the comments that I've read on all the articles about the debate in the LJWorld online, one can tell the political affiliations of the people on the street.

jonas, you poor bastard. Been there done that. Not fun.

jonas_opines 1 year, 6 months ago

If there was a matter-transfer accident, and our two candidates for the next four years of the presidency were somehow fused into one being, then I vote for the name Mitrack Romnama. Much better than Barritt Obamney, in my opinion.

One sounds like a cool alien overlord, the other a bad cyber-punk fantasy character.

classclown 1 year, 6 months ago

Yes there was.
What's that?
A winner?
Oh. I thought it said wiener
Well there was one of those too.

msezdsit 1 year, 6 months ago

Romney won on posturing but lost on facts. He just shows up and denies what he has been saying for 6 years of running for president. Obama won on facts/lost on presentation and posturing. The moderator interrupted the president while allowing Romney to wander off point and ramble on and on with lies and mischaracterizations. Romney came across as an arrogant bully.

jonas_opines 1 year, 6 months ago

No, I'm afraid that I was dealing with the aftermath of a broken water heater, apartment flood, and forced evacuation, and finding somewhere to live. All of which were more important than hearing the two clones give their outlines, or even cliff notes, on their path forward, while calling them plans.

Klumma 1 year, 6 months ago

Yeah. Mick ruled the whole debate. However, I already know whom I will vote for.

Pitt_Mackeson 1 year, 6 months ago

You've got my vote Willis :) my old man made me my first chili dog :( I miss my pa

Wesley Willis 1 year, 6 months ago

Vote Wesley Willis for President! Free BAR-S hotdogs for all! (While supplies last) *Hotdogs may be frozen and left in sink to thaw :)

Andini 1 year, 6 months ago

No. Do they even keep score?