Previous   Next

Did you watch the debate Wednesday night and, if so, do you think there was a winner?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 4, 2012

Browse the archives

“ I honestly don’t think there was a winner. The moderator was horrible. They walked all over him. It seemed like a farce.”

“ I did watch. I thought Romney. He seemed more on point and energetic.”

“ Despite what the media says, there wasn’t a clear winner. ”

“ I watched five or 10 minutes and I don’t think Obama won.”

Comments

Wesley Willis 2 years, 2 months ago

Vote Wesley Willis for President! Free BAR-S hotdogs for all! (While supplies last) *Hotdogs may be frozen and left in sink to thaw :)

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 2 months ago

You've got my vote Willis :) my old man made me my first chili dog :( I miss my pa

Klumma 2 years, 2 months ago

Yeah. Mick ruled the whole debate. However, I already know whom I will vote for.

jonas_opines 2 years, 2 months ago

No, I'm afraid that I was dealing with the aftermath of a broken water heater, apartment flood, and forced evacuation, and finding somewhere to live. All of which were more important than hearing the two clones give their outlines, or even cliff notes, on their path forward, while calling them plans.

msezdsit 2 years, 2 months ago

Romney won on posturing but lost on facts. He just shows up and denies what he has been saying for 6 years of running for president. Obama won on facts/lost on presentation and posturing. The moderator interrupted the president while allowing Romney to wander off point and ramble on and on with lies and mischaracterizations. Romney came across as an arrogant bully.

grammaddy 2 years, 2 months ago

Agreed! Lying, flip-flopping and bullying the moderator does not make you a winner.The fact-checkers had another story to tell. Obama looked tired. With everything going on in Turkey, and Syria right now,I'm sure he was a little distracted.The next Presidential debate is on foreign policy. After watching what an idiot Romney was when he was overseas at the Olympics, I think Obama has the next debate in the bag.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 2 months ago

Speaking of the Olympics, remember when the Mope went overseas to beg for Chicago to get an Olympics? Do you recall how that turned out? LOLZ

labmonkey 2 years, 2 months ago

Lets see... Romney had one gaffe in London, but went on to hero's welcomes in Poland and Israel, two of our allies Obama has turned his back on. No, I think Obama is in major trouble.

fiddleback 2 years, 2 months ago

To clarify, the next debate is town hall-style; the third is foreign policy. In the latter, I think you can expect Romney to accuse the president of mischaracterizing the deadly Benghazi terrorist attack as a reaction to the American video. So it will be ugly, and the winner is hardly a foregone conclusion, though I expect Obama to fight back much more fiercely.

classclown 2 years, 2 months ago

Yes there was.
What's that?
A winner?
Oh. I thought it said wiener
Well there was one of those too.

jonas_opines 2 years, 2 months ago

If there was a matter-transfer accident, and our two candidates for the next four years of the presidency were somehow fused into one being, then I vote for the name Mitrack Romnama. Much better than Barritt Obamney, in my opinion.

One sounds like a cool alien overlord, the other a bad cyber-punk fantasy character.

classclown 2 years, 2 months ago

Based on the comments that I've read on all the articles about the debate in the LJWorld online, one can tell the political affiliations of the people on the street.

jonas, you poor bastard. Been there done that. Not fun.

jonas_opines 2 years, 2 months ago

Not fun at all, but getting towards solutions, at least. Thankfully, we have family here to crash with, and the weather is still quite pleasant in North Carolina.

Lisa Medsker 2 years, 2 months ago

Agree wholeheartedly. He's full of Mitt.

gravitykills 2 years, 2 months ago

I think it's fair to say "you are not a conservative"...... Be sure you get to the voting booth on Wednesday, November 7th. It's gonna be a big day and you don't want to miss it.

Bring a sharpie and yer voter id so you can cast that vote.

(GRVTY disclaimer: The materials and other information provided in this reply is for educational, communication and information purposes only and is not intended to replace or constitute advice)

notajayhawk 2 years, 2 months ago

Let's see: Two thirds or more of the people who watched the debates - as polled by sources including CNN and Yahoo!, hardly conservative-leaning organizations - said Romney handed Odumbo his @**. Why am I not surprised the lovable looneys of Larryville aren't counted among that sizable majority ...

fiddleback 2 years, 2 months ago

Romney won on style but lost on substance, telling 27 lies in 38 minutes.

Small wonder that some people see these as cancelling out.

The Democrats who concede a Romney "victory" are acknowledging that many if not most GOP voters don't know a fact check from a hole in the ground...

jonas_opines 2 years, 2 months ago

Why would he do that, when he could just thoughtlessly validate his own preconceptions?

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 2 months ago

Mitch Romney still looks like he just sat on an egg, very uncomfortable. No wieners though, unless Anthony's Wiener was there, but I doubt it. And also.......

"Altitude is never a factor because the game is played inside." —TCU BASKETBALL COACH BILLY TUBBS, AFTER HIS TEAM GREW FATIGUED WHILE RUNNING A FULL-COURT PRESS AGAINST NEW MEXICO AT THE MILE-HIGH PIT IN ALBUQUERQUE IN 1997

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 2 months ago

I was busy tweeting in real time on The Twitter. I have no idea what that means, but I do know that Al Gore is the most greatest scientist ever.

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

I'm voting BABBOY for Prez. His awesomeness is so awesome he doesn't even need a veep on the ticket.

Trumbull 2 years, 2 months ago

President Obama was not on game. Not sure what was wrong. I was disappointed that he did not standus up and fight a little more for his positions and those of his supporters.

Romney won the debate in my opinion. He appeared more likeable than I had previously percieved him to be. However, he still appears to be a guy who will say anything. On this night he appeared, dare I say liberal. Pointing out the good things about Massachustts health care (Romney Care), the good things about regulation, etc. In hindsight it makes you say that he is not really a leader, but controlled by something else....without a genuine stand on anything.

I still like and support President Obama. He is more about moving forward. Romney gives every indication he will be like a 3rd Bush term revisited.

beatrice 2 years, 2 months ago

I think Ernie won. He always had it out for Big Bird too.