Previous   Next

Do you put up a natural or artificial Christmas tree?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 25, 2012

Browse the archives

“ We put up a Christmas tree every year. We prefer the real kind. It’s the scent.”

“ We do artificial. We used to cut one down, but that gets to be too much hassle.”

“ I prefer artificial. It’s cleaner and no maintenance.”

“ Artificial. It’s cheaper in the long run. You don’t always have to haul it from the farm every year, and it’s still a family event decorating it. ”

Comments

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

Would you like a little white balance with your flash? I'm tired of these seasonal questions. All I can say is I once had a stripper girlfriend who loved to dance to "Bridge of Sighs" by Robin Trower. That's not a very sexy song but it sure as hell was when she danced to it. When I hear "Bridge of Sighs" I usually thing of a dirtbag nodding off on a filthy couch with a needle stuck in his arm. Next, Andini.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

. . . . "Nobody likes christmas trees, . . nobody? . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Kill a tree for Jesus?

HUMBUG!!

I prefer my neighbor's tree. I can see it through the kitchen window. That's close enough.

grammaddy 2 years, 1 month ago

Why do so many trees have to give their lives for our entertainment every year?

CHEEZIT 2 years, 1 month ago

Not true. The guys on Mythbusters put like a thousand of the old lights with the big bulbs on a dried out tree and nothing!!! They had to short out the cord to get the tree to burn!

Richard Heckler 2 years, 1 month ago

Or buy a live tree either in a container or B&B. Stick in the ground somewhere even if not in your yard. Plant it somewhere.

Frankly I would be happy without a tree. There are so many nice lights and ornaments why not simply decorate the house...... curtain rods,christmas scenes on the piano,decorate the kitchen,dining room etc etc etc.

Or if nothing else simply enjoy ourselves with or without a tree.

Crazy_Larry 2 years, 1 month ago

An aluminum pole. It requires no decoration. Very high strength-to-weight ratio. (Same answer as last year.)

parrothead8 2 years, 1 month ago

Followed by the "Airing of Grievances" and "Feats of Strength," correct?

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

Our tree looks real, but it's not. Call it artificially natural.

LadyJ 2 years, 1 month ago

Amazingly, my color wheel still works.

beatrice 2 years, 1 month ago

Is Laura a fairy or a member of the Kindle family? She appears to have an inner light.

It certainly couldn't be the remarkable need for the photographer to learn how to use a flash camera already. Nothing says "We don't care" quite like a newspaper publishing a bad photograph. Doing so time after time after time is just lazy.

LadyJ 2 years, 1 month ago

Actually Roe is not being truthful with you guys. He sent me a picture of his Christmas tree. http://www.maginternational.org/silo/images/christmas-gun-tree_294x446.jpg

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

Yes, that is what I pictured in my head when I saw Roe's comment.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Just goes to show . . . Ain't no secrets on the Internet . . . .

LadyJ, how you gettin' pictures of my, . . parts room?

LadyJ 2 years, 1 month ago

You would be surprised what you can zoom into with Google Streetview http://www.geekologie.com/2009/03/06/google%2015.jpg Numerous nude people, people urinating in public, people caught committing crimes, dead bodies and even a woman giving birth on a sidewalk. Just google "Google street view caught" for some fun.

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

Santa ain't bringin' you that this year.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

diamonds / . . . in the rough?

Ah . . . coal!

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

I bring out some real red and green candles---sometimes I forget to put them out until after Christmas. I celebrate the Winter Solstice, it's so much more fun than Christmas.

gl0ck0wn3r 2 years, 1 month ago

Binary question? Why does the LJW exclude the Jews?

avarom 2 years, 1 month ago

I decorated my stripper pole......I look real nice coming down only wearing My Santa Hat....Mmmmm 8-)