Previous   Next

How often do you use coupons?

Asked at Dillons, 1740 Massachusetts St. on November 20, 2012

Browse the archives

“I never used to use them but in the last six months I’ve used them more. Now I use them every time I go shopping.”

“As often as I find a good one. ”

“Not very often. ”

“I don’t often use them but I have a Dillons card and it’s like using coupons.”

Related story

Comments

Klumma 2 years, 8 months ago

Ole' Boone County ain't seen the last of me. Not only can I dance but I can shoot squirrels with a 12 gauge. Yep. Can do it.

Bill Lee 2 years, 8 months ago

I use them almost every time I shop. That goes for both electronic and paper ones. It's like cutting money out of the newspaper. If the store doubles fifty cents to a dollar, it's as if I cut a dollar bill out of the paper. If you don't use coupons, but the paper printed dollar bills instead, would you cut those out?

grammaddy 2 years, 8 months ago

Daily! Between the Dillon's card, the grocery coupons, and three apps, I have a coupon for almost everything.

George_Braziller 2 years, 8 months ago

I use coupons and/or my loyalty card every time I shop at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. When you're producing things to sell every dollar you can save on materials counts.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

My kid has a filing system and spends a couple of hours every week clipping and filing coupons. She stocks up on nonperishable goods like a Prepper. Gots more Charmin than Walmart.

George_Braziller 2 years, 8 months ago

If using a 40% off coupon on a $50 item and saving $20 is for suckers then I plead guilty.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 8 months ago

"If you don't use coupons, but the paper printed dollar bills instead, would you cut those out?"

I doubt it. The quality wouldn't be very good. I print the best bills around, but never anything bigger than a 20. The feds don't really bother with anything smaller than a 50. But I don't use 20's at Checkers. They use those stupid pens.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 8 months ago

I'm not sure if Linkin Park uses paywall but all their songs sure do sound the same. At least they don't cuss.

bevy 2 years, 8 months ago

I shop at Aldi's, and get everything there cheaper than I would with a coupon at Dillon's or HyVee. (Trust me, I've tried it.) So unless you're stuck on national brands....I mean American national brands....you should try Aldi. I don't have to buy a paper, I don't spend time clipping, and I save hundreds of dollars a month on groceries. That said, if I find a good coupon for a non-grocery item (like diapers or something) I will use it - if it makes the name brand cheaper than the store brand.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 8 months ago

"And I don't do mobile/iphone apps."

Thank you. Apps are just more dumbing down of our already dumb society. I'll never touch an iphone as long as it means being forced to use AT&T. I'll never use itunes or pay for music again either. I have thousands of hours of music that I've obtained for free, despite overlord Google trying to stop me.

labmonkey 2 years, 8 months ago

Nobody likes the coupon user. Nobody. The checkout person hates you, everybody stuck in line behind you hates you, and the tree-huggers who's tree you killed to print that coupon hates you.

Katara 2 years, 8 months ago

I shop Aldi for some things but I have never gotten anything free from Aldi & I get grocery household items for free at both Dillon's & Hy-Vee.

I spend maybe 2-3 hours/week for clipping, organizing and making my grocery list. My average savings is 53% and I pay about $375-$400/mo for groceries (which includes the 1/4 beef I buy each year) & household products for a family of 4.

I do purchase items that my family doesn't personally use if I can get them very dirt cheap/or free and donate them.

Klumma 2 years, 8 months ago

"bevy 9 hours, 47 minutes ago

I shop at Aldi's, "

Bevy. Please. It is called Aldi. Please tell me that you do not shop at Wal-Mart(s). That is what complete Hicks refer to both.

e.g. " Hey! Ah done seen yur truck at Wallmarts. Was you a-shoppin' or jest ah lookin?"

Need I expound more?....Aldi's.....Um..Yeah...

Klumma 2 years, 8 months ago

Is Wal-Mart's gunna hahv wunnu them black shopin' deys on Fridiy thus yeer?