Previous   Next

How often do you use coupons?

Asked at Dillons, 1740 Massachusetts St. on November 20, 2012

Browse the archives

“I never used to use them but in the last six months I’ve used them more. Now I use them every time I go shopping.”

“As often as I find a good one. ”

“Not very often. ”

“I don’t often use them but I have a Dillons card and it’s like using coupons.”

Related story

Comments

Klumma 1 year, 5 months ago

Is Wal-Mart's gunna hahv wunnu them black shopin' deys on Fridiy thus yeer?

Klumma 1 year, 5 months ago

"bevy 9 hours, 47 minutes ago

I shop at Aldi's, "

Bevy. Please. It is called Aldi. Please tell me that you do not shop at Wal-Mart(s). That is what complete Hicks refer to both.

e.g. " Hey! Ah done seen yur truck at Wallmarts. Was you a-shoppin' or jest ah lookin?"

Need I expound more?....Aldi's.....Um..Yeah...

Katara 1 year, 5 months ago

I shop Aldi for some things but I have never gotten anything free from Aldi & I get grocery household items for free at both Dillon's & Hy-Vee.

I spend maybe 2-3 hours/week for clipping, organizing and making my grocery list. My average savings is 53% and I pay about $375-$400/mo for groceries (which includes the 1/4 beef I buy each year) & household products for a family of 4.

I do purchase items that my family doesn't personally use if I can get them very dirt cheap/or free and donate them.

blue73harley 1 year, 5 months ago

"And I don't do mobile/iphone apps."

Furthermore, me and Machete don't text.

labmonkey 1 year, 5 months ago

Nobody likes the coupon user. Nobody. The checkout person hates you, everybody stuck in line behind you hates you, and the tree-huggers who's tree you killed to print that coupon hates you.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 5 months ago

"And I don't do mobile/iphone apps."

Thank you. Apps are just more dumbing down of our already dumb society. I'll never touch an iphone as long as it means being forced to use AT&T. I'll never use itunes or pay for music again either. I have thousands of hours of music that I've obtained for free, despite overlord Google trying to stop me.

bevy 1 year, 5 months ago

I shop at Aldi's, and get everything there cheaper than I would with a coupon at Dillon's or HyVee. (Trust me, I've tried it.) So unless you're stuck on national brands....I mean American national brands....you should try Aldi. I don't have to buy a paper, I don't spend time clipping, and I save hundreds of dollars a month on groceries. That said, if I find a good coupon for a non-grocery item (like diapers or something) I will use it - if it makes the name brand cheaper than the store brand.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 5 months ago

I'm not sure if Linkin Park uses paywall but all their songs sure do sound the same. At least they don't cuss.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 5 months ago

"Paywall." Ri

And it isn't just the paywall. It is that I' will be forced to pay to get past the paywall when I have no desire to get past it. I get a physical copy of the paper. Why do I need to pay extra to get through paywall. I also do not access the paper from the Iphone I don't have. Why should I pay extra for that.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 5 months ago

"T_O_B, Why Dec 5th?" RI - The KCStar is going to bundle it's oh hell, here...." - T_O_B

Thanks, I was failing to see the link between Ke$ha's new album release and the KC star, Now I get it. Paywall.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 5 months ago

"If you don't use coupons, but the paper printed dollar bills instead, would you cut those out?"

I doubt it. The quality wouldn't be very good. I print the best bills around, but never anything bigger than a 20. The feds don't really bother with anything smaller than a 50. But I don't use 20's at Checkers. They use those stupid pens.

g_rock 1 year, 5 months ago

I like Ron White after I've had some scotch too....

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 5 months ago

"T_O_B, Why Dec 5th?" RI

The KCStar is going to bundle it's oh hell, here....

Why in the world would I want the online version if I get a physical copy? And to pay extra for it? And I don't do mobile/iphone apps.

RoeDapple 1 year, 5 months ago

Gettin' lucky on Thanksgiving?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 5 months ago

T_O_B, Why Dec 5th?
We are smoking the cock for Thanksgiving this year.

prospector 1 year, 5 months ago

Clippin' coupons is for suckers.

RoeDapple 1 year, 5 months ago

My kid has a filing system and spends a couple of hours every week clipping and filing coupons. She stocks up on nonperishable goods like a Prepper. Gots more Charmin than Walmart.

autie 1 year, 5 months ago

I am a poor coupon'er. I tend to lose and misplace my coups before I count them. And then it makes me want to drink more when I cain't count coup. (coupon is a french word for entitlement)

George_Braziller 1 year, 5 months ago

I use coupons and/or my loyalty card every time I shop at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. When you're producing things to sell every dollar you can save on materials counts.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 5 months ago

Coupons are the reason I subscribe to the KC Star. Although, on Dec. 5 I will unsubscribe from the Star. Dirty sneaking johnson smokers.

thuja 1 year, 5 months ago

I got married so I wouldn't have to use coupons ever again!

grammaddy 1 year, 5 months ago

Daily! Between the Dillon's card, the grocery coupons, and three apps, I have a coupon for almost everything.

Bill Lee 1 year, 5 months ago

I use them almost every time I shop. That goes for both electronic and paper ones. It's like cutting money out of the newspaper. If the store doubles fifty cents to a dollar, it's as if I cut a dollar bill out of the paper. If you don't use coupons, but the paper printed dollar bills instead, would you cut those out?

Klumma 1 year, 5 months ago

Ole' Boone County ain't seen the last of me. Not only can I dance but I can shoot squirrels with a 12 gauge. Yep. Can do it.

Klumma 1 year, 5 months ago

Never. But, my ole' Darlin' used to. For you. Darlin.

Andini 1 year, 5 months ago

Never but my wife does once a month.