Previous   Next

How did you spend your Memorial Day?

Asked at 8th and Mass streets on May 28, 2012

Browse the archives

“Riding my motorcycle”

“I spent the day helping my boyfriend pack.”

“I spent a lot of today talking about the civil rights that our military defends; ”

“Visiting graveyards; Overbrook, Carbondale, Pleasant Hill and Union cemeteries.”

Comments

RoeDapple 1 year, 10 months ago

853 (or there abouts) channels on this TV and I'm reduced to watching Fox News. Goin' to bed.

riverdrifter 1 year, 10 months ago

Watching The Hatfields and McCoys is painful. It makes me look forward to Ice Road Truckers.

thuja 1 year, 10 months ago

Finally got to fish for a few hours around sunset.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

"RETICENT_IRREVERENT (Ronaldo Ignacio) says… T_O_B, You did not like it, but you have committed to watching the rest? Why?"

I've read all the books in my possession at least twice (Where's Waldo), except for the one I finished yesterday. I don't watch a lot of shows and I'm already 1/3 through this one. I have nothing better to do. I'll only be about 75% invested as I'll miss chunks of while watering and putting the boy to bed. Also, I understand there will be more Powers Boothe and he can do no wrong in my eyes.

It is kind of like how I was with The Walking Dead. That show turned to absolute garbage this season, but it wasn't like I had much better to do on Sunday nights.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 10 months ago

T_O_B, You did not like it, but you have committed to watching the rest? Why?

My_Life 1 year, 10 months ago

So now the Obamanator is giving out Medals of Freedon to old burned-out drug-infested brain-dead yellow-belly hippies? Wish Jerry was here to see this one.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 10 months ago

Spent a while cleaning the congealed sludge out of a kerosene lantern that had sat for years & years & years with a half-full tank. It wasn't what you'd call a pretty sight in there.

CWGOKU 1 year, 10 months ago

Sarah sent her boyfriend packing... Cold, just plain cold. Call me.

riverdrifter 1 year, 10 months ago

Went to the cemetery early with family then took off with a friend who had bought a swather from the estate of a guy who went broke in '09. It was parked at the the edge of a hay field and had been for 4 years. The new landowner wanted it to be gone. Wasps all over it. Got stung. Coyote den under it. We drained out the old fuel, changed three filters, put in two batteries, drained a couple of hydraulic hoses and added fluid. It started right up. This week we'll pump up the tires and drive it 45 miles home. The machine is huge and lightly used. Nice stereo and cold AC. He gave $6,000 for it and it's worth ~$30,000+ with some more TLC. It was a good day.

rockchalker52 1 year, 10 months ago

The weekend was uneventful with grillin' & chillin' & some gardening, but this morning is nature day here at Rancho Deluxe. So far, the dog crunched the baby finch that fell from the the nest beneath the deck & a cute red fox zipped into the late Mr. Groundhog's tunnels beneath the barnette.

Andini, you get the TP job done at babboy's?

CWGOKU 1 year, 10 months ago

I can't say, because I don't recall all of it. I do know that after a night of drinking, the next day I do two things... Find my car, and take back the car I took. I did watch Saving Private Ryan with the surround sound cranked. And when I read in the paper that Costner was involved in that Hatfield movie, I never considered watching. I gave up on him years ago. Dude can't act a lick. Back to the hair of the dog

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

"PCP users show a propensity to get naked just before going batsyht. from a source."

Same with bath salts.

prospector 1 year, 10 months ago

Easy does it.

That looks like a Babboy "two thumbs in the eyes" review. Feuds should be left to the politicians, they don't know how silly they look to regular folks.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 10 months ago

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

So, Costner pumped his own money into this. It is basically a vanity project with his buddies. Makes perfect sense after watching last night. I await tonight's episode so I can bitch about it. You all ought to watch.

RoeDapple 1 year, 10 months ago

Y'al knoes a heckuvalott more boutit than this ole cuzin. Ima outa here. Sees ya at the range ;-)

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

Mr. Costner stars in “Hatfields & McCoys” as Anse, the primary Hatfield, and is a producer of the project. It was directed by Kevin Reynolds, a feature film director whose credits include two Costner vehicles, “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves” and “Waterworld.” And Mr. Costner’s involvement probably has something to do with the quality of the cast, which includes Bill Paxton as Mr. Costner’s opposite number, Randall McCoy, as well as Powers Boothe and Mare Winningham. from a source.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

Am I missing him being listed as an Executive Producer or something?

Series Produced by Barry M. Berg .... supervising producer (3 episodes, 2012) Cristian Bostanescu .... line producer (3 episodes, 2012) Darrell Fetty .... producer (3 episodes, 2012) Adam Freeman .... co-producer (3 episodes, 2012) Leslie Greif .... executive producer / producer (3 episodes, 2012) Herb Nanas .... producer (3 episodes, 2012) Adam Reed .... co-producer (3 episodes, 2012) Aaron Semel .... co-producer (3 episodes, 2012)

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

Roe -

I wasn't expecting much since the History Channel went the way of TLC awhile back, but I figured it would be better than what I saw last night. Just spotty storytelling, illogical plot scenarios, and they spent almost a hour on the forbidden love thing which was a plot point I expected, but didn't need to be so drawn out. Powers Boothe is in it and he is a bad ass judge although I beat my head with my remote during one of his scenes that ended making no sense whatsoever.

"Does he produce that crap so he can be in it and look tie dyed/face lift young forever?"

There are eight producers credited and he isn't one of them.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 10 months ago

autie, Take solace that he will never be in a Coen Bros. film.

RoeDapple 1 year, 10 months ago

Glad to hear that T_O_B. We set up to record it. She can watch it while I'm at the range . . .

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

How much Grecian Forumula does it take for that guy to make a movie? He's got to be like old by now...Costner that is. Does he produce that crap so he can be in it and look tie dyed/face lift young forever?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 10 months ago

I roasted coffee beans the way God intended. Pan roasted in cast iron to the second crack over a propano flame.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

Mowed, Gin, and Hatfields and McCoys. Lawdy, what an awful movie. I'm sucked in and will watch the next two nights. How the History Channel screwed this up, I do not know.

/looks at programming options on the History Channel over the past three years.

Never mind. I forgot the History Channel went the way of TLC years ago.

RoeDapple 1 year, 10 months ago

After I mowed I did 2 loads of laundry, grilled burgers and brats for the whole fam damily, loaded 400 rds of .45acp, played Elmo videos for the 2 year old grandaughter, rocked the 4 week old grandaughter while the daughters, the spousal unit and the MIT cleaned up the kitchen, loaded the range bag for today's trip to the range, watched a little of WWE and fell asleep in the recliner. Next question?

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

Mowed. Then had a lengthy discussion on how Reagan extended a huge deficiet while cutting taxes, all in order to increase defense spending to protect us from a non existent threat.

LadyJ 1 year, 10 months ago

Worked, then came home and worked. Apparently hubby had a good time hanging out with friends though. :-)

Mike Gerhardt 1 year, 10 months ago

Went to Victory Park in Moscow, and strolled around alot of Russian, American and German military equipment.

Antonym 1 year, 10 months ago

Saving lives. Literally. It's my job.