Previous   Next

How did you spend your Memorial Day?

Asked at 8th and Mass streets on May 28, 2012

Browse the archives

“Riding my motorcycle”

“I spent the day helping my boyfriend pack.”

“I spent a lot of today talking about the civil rights that our military defends; ”

“Visiting graveyards; Overbrook, Carbondale, Pleasant Hill and Union cemeteries.”

Comments

LadyJ 2 years, 6 months ago

Worked, then came home and worked. Apparently hubby had a good time hanging out with friends though. :-)

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

After I mowed I did 2 loads of laundry, grilled burgers and brats for the whole fam damily, loaded 400 rds of .45acp, played Elmo videos for the 2 year old grandaughter, rocked the 4 week old grandaughter while the daughters, the spousal unit and the MIT cleaned up the kitchen, loaded the range bag for today's trip to the range, watched a little of WWE and fell asleep in the recliner. Next question?

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

Glad to hear that T_O_B. We set up to record it. She can watch it while I'm at the range . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

Y'al knoes a heckuvalott more boutit than this ole cuzin. Ima outa here. Sees ya at the range ;-)

rockchalker52 2 years, 6 months ago

The weekend was uneventful with grillin' & chillin' & some gardening, but this morning is nature day here at Rancho Deluxe. So far, the dog crunched the baby finch that fell from the the nest beneath the deck & a cute red fox zipped into the late Mr. Groundhog's tunnels beneath the barnette.

Andini, you get the TP job done at babboy's?

riverdrifter 2 years, 6 months ago

Went to the cemetery early with family then took off with a friend who had bought a swather from the estate of a guy who went broke in '09. It was parked at the the edge of a hay field and had been for 4 years. The new landowner wanted it to be gone. Wasps all over it. Got stung. Coyote den under it. We drained out the old fuel, changed three filters, put in two batteries, drained a couple of hydraulic hoses and added fluid. It started right up. This week we'll pump up the tires and drive it 45 miles home. The machine is huge and lightly used. Nice stereo and cold AC. He gave $6,000 for it and it's worth ~$30,000+ with some more TLC. It was a good day.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 6 months ago

Spent a while cleaning the congealed sludge out of a kerosene lantern that had sat for years & years & years with a half-full tank. It wasn't what you'd call a pretty sight in there.

riverdrifter 2 years, 6 months ago

Watching The Hatfields and McCoys is painful. It makes me look forward to Ice Road Truckers.

RoeDapple 2 years, 6 months ago

853 (or there abouts) channels on this TV and I'm reduced to watching Fox News. Goin' to bed.