Previous   Next

Do you have any Memorial Day plans?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 24, 2012

Browse the archives

“We’re going to an annual family reunion in Wichita. ”

“We’re visiting Lawrence all this week.”

“We’re going to Colorado to visit my family.”

“Going out with some friends who will be in town.”

Comments

thuja 1 year, 10 months ago

Oh, and get high with Towelie so we can "remember everything"

thuja 1 year, 10 months ago

Money with girls covered in honey.

tange 1 year, 10 months ago

I'll be countin' little fingers and little toes.

RoeDapple 1 year, 10 months ago

I have the mole trap that raises up when they tunnel under it, triggering a release that causes it to pinch the life out of them. Sometimes I hear them squeal.

They know it's out there. Most have moved to the neighbor's yard.

Starlight 1 year, 10 months ago

No RI, he needs some rocks. Rocks mean snakes. Hopefully gopher snakes which have the buggers on the run in my yard. I have also had success with a pitchfork.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

"autie (anonymous) says… is there anything in your HOA that doesn't allow the use of C-4 or any like compounds? "

No. You should see this place around the 4th of July. However, destroying my hard to save it, ah hell, RI, come on over and bring your splosives.

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

is there anything in your HOA that doesn't allow the use of C-4 or any like compounds? Maybe some secret ammonia nitrate mixtures? Blow the mole soul to the north pole.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

"You need to get those solar powered vibrators.'

How much sol do I need to keep it charged. The battlefield is in the shade.

"I am going to loose the hounds on them soon." CW

Oh, rethink that. The neighbor's labs destroyed that mole part of the yard digging for them. I finally had everything back level and grass growing and holy crap I will murder many moles and tack their corpses to the trees as warning.

CWGOKU 1 year, 10 months ago

PBR and bottlerockets of course.

Odd T_O_B mentions moles, we got them in our yard this year, first time ever and they are making a mess. I am going to loose the hounds on them soon. Got the Ivy too. Sucks

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 10 months ago

T_O_B, You need to get those solar powered vibrators.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

I know what I'm doing this weekend. Killing moles. Those bastards are back with a vengeance. I also need to get rid of some poison ivy that for some reason is coming up in my pumpkin patch. I've never had poison ivy in this spot of the yard before. It is a conspiracy, damn it.

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm thinking if'n we don't fry fish maybe a pork roast on the get-go out back for most of the afternoon would be pretty good..a change from our usual ho-hum filet mignon or ribeyes...

CWGOKU 1 year, 10 months ago

The usual, host the family cookout on Sunday, recover on Monday. Smoking brisket and pork roast this year. Whip up some cheese gritz and slaw etc. Head to the pool, get to work on the Summer tan, which means watch the ladies tan.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 10 months ago

CW, I picked up a 1922 low wheel hoe the other day, damn skippy if that ain't the cats dungarees. Fast and efficient. A company makes a new one that's just like it but powdercoated and pretty.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 10 months ago

"R_I, pick up rocks?" - autie

Yes, welded a chain to a truck hood and made Wesson a rock sled to he can just roll them on to it and drag them to where they need to be. Going to build a new root cellar and a new shed from them. You know the adage, when live gives you lemons, make lemonade, when life gives you rock and you do not have a rock crusher to make gravel, make a root cellar and a stone milking shed.

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

R_I, pick up rocks?

Are you cuttin in on My_Life now? Don't drop one on your Toe, it would cause a glow.

RoeDapple 1 year, 10 months ago

Roe will mow real slow then go get a cup of joe if he has the dough . . Ho, Ho, Ho!!

g_rock 1 year, 10 months ago

Slow.

(drive to nowhere as in spontaneous road trip)

Mike Gerhardt 1 year, 10 months ago

Well, I wish we could have a nice big BBQ on my smoker, but I can't do that where I am currently assigned. Instead, we are going to the Russian Astronaut Museum and the park where the World's Fair one was.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 10 months ago

Lay low, maybe go to a rodeo show where I am guessing mystic people wearing fezii ride miniature horses, or just pick up rocks. Fezii is the accepted plural of fez, correct?

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 10 months ago

Since Rara isn't around to do it, I will. Happy Birthday, Bobby Zimmerman.

grammaddy 1 year, 10 months ago

Blow...my nose. These allergies are killing me.

autie 1 year, 10 months ago

So....I will mow. Followed by power drinking. I would be happy to just lay around and watch the whole bevy of war movies.

Bob Harvey 1 year, 10 months ago

It would be nice, if even for a short time, we remembered the reason for this holiday.

RoeDapple 1 year, 10 months ago

1/2 bottle Corona 1/2 can frozen lime concentrate 1 cup Jose Cuervo 1/2 cup water salt to taste

Pour all ingredients int blender then fill blender with ice. Blend until ice becomes 'slush'

Pour into quart Mason jars. Prepare to smile . . .

tange 1 year, 10 months ago

... hmm... trying to remember . . . .