Previous   Next

The National Institutes of Health released a study yesterday that showed a correlation between a habit of coffee-drinking and living a longer life. How much coffee do you drink?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 17, 2012

Browse the archives

“I average about three cups per day.”

“I don’t drink coffee. I’ve never liked the taste.”

“I drink more when I’m in school, but now probably only twice a week.”

“None. I don’t like hot drinks.”

Comments

Roland Gunslinger 3 years ago

Rob has never heard of an iced coffee... has he been living in a cave for the last 10 years?,

Phoghorn 3 years ago

Well, maybe he is like me in that he does not like iced coffee... I like my coffee black - no cream, no sugar, no nothing. Just good hot, black coffee.

Phoghorn 3 years ago

Perhaps I should have been more clear. I was referring to the notion that he had not heard of iced coffee. The way I read it was that he did not like hot drinks, and he did not like coffee of any variety.

gphawk89 3 years ago

More like 20 years. I first tried iced coffee in '92, I think, at Java Gaia on Southwest Blvd. in KC.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Not so much anymore. 2 to 4 cups per month.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Me too. Sleep 2 hours, wake up and cry, sleep 2 hours, wake up and . . .

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Wow LJW . . . I would think a Senate rejection of the presidents budget by a 99-0 vote might be newsworthy.

Flap Doodle 3 years ago

That was using the Mope's numbers... (from a source)

rockchalker52 3 years ago

Makes for a longer life, eh? I should be good to go for a bazillion years or so. Sure hope we find that next perfect planet before the sun burns out.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

The sun should still be here for another 4 billion years, about the time the Andromeda galaxy and the Milky Way are expected to collide. The sun will however begin heating up (already has) as it dies and the earth will become too hot to support life in 500 million years or less. It is estimated that 12 to 60 life ending events could occur on earth long before the sun burns out.

(Brought to you by RoeDy's House of Pain and Paranoia. Tinfoil hats still $6.95 and can hold 128oz of your favorite hot beverage)

Richard Payton 3 years ago

Not certain if the study factored in urination. Frequent urination might actually be why coffee appears to help with living longer.

somedude20 3 years ago

I would like to drink your coffee every morning..and I don't think your cups are too small either!

booyalab 3 years ago

I don't think it counts as contributing to a long life if you drink it for hangovers.

Flap Doodle 3 years ago

To actually address the question, unless it's danged cold, I drink only two cups of coffee a day. And I put shoes on it.