Previous   Next

Have you ever traveled outside the United States?

Asked at corner of 7th and Massachusetts on May 1, 2012

Browse the archives

“No.”

“I’ve been to a bunch of places in middle and South America.”

“Yes. Jamaica, Mexico and Argentina. ”

“Yes. Germany and England.”

Comments

rachelind 1 year, 11 months ago

CANADA! Whoohoo! Went to Niagra, and found out all I needed to see the Canadian falls was a birth certificate! So I'm basically an international jet-setter now.

Mike Gerhardt 1 year, 11 months ago

Yep! Lived eight years in Europe and currently am doing a two year stint in Moscow, Russia.

BABBOY 1 year, 11 months ago

Not really. Pretty close to Mexico on I-8 going from San Diego to Phoenix which got pretty close.

I am sure people from New York find this whole region to be pretty foreign......

I mean Kansas is pretty whack..........

Not that whack is bad ...

More so when you get in the outer rim areas west of Salina and Wichita....

And SW Kansas is not the good kind of whack....

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 11 months ago

"on the arctic circle - in January. :-("

You should fire your travel agent.

gphawk89 1 year, 11 months ago

England, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Switzerland, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Missouri. I get to add Finland to the list early next year. Rovaniemi, Finland - home of Santa Claus Village - on the arctic circle - in January. :-(

Rara_Avis 1 year, 11 months ago

You hicks have no idea. I went on an undercover mission to the Philippines in 2002 to destroy the Abu Sayaff Terrorist group, the idoits that kidnapped that hick missionary couple from KS who shouldn't have been where they were in the first place. The leader, Abu Saya, was some prettyboy who spent most of his time putting on beauty cream. I gave him a humility slap and that was it. Incidentally, they weren't, as he claimed, affiliated with Al Queda, but with the Moro Islam Liberation Front(Yes...MILF!). There have been many attempts by the Muslim S. Philippines to break away from the country since the 1400's. If you're as white as me, don't go there, even to spread the word of Haysoos.

somedude20 1 year, 11 months ago

Dont da UUUU-AS own mosts of everythings? My hero Toby Keith says we owns the world and can kick their butts with our American boots if they mess with us. I sure do knows that mosts of my kins are as big as the world and I sure loves dem French fries (eat em with my sister). I seen lots of da world when I watched Ernest saved the world. I likes the fact that Angland has as many teeths as me...boy o boy I love being the best

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 11 months ago

Where the hell is Fork City?
I have seen forks in Lucas. Are sporks allowed in Fork City?

Andini 1 year, 11 months ago

Channeling Waka....dude, I'm on a trip right now.

autie 1 year, 11 months ago

I am afraid that April showers have not yet yielded any May flowers but it sure did make it flood off up in here.

Finnbar1 1 year, 11 months ago

France, Belgium, Germany, Amsterdam, Greece, Ireland, England, Canada, Mexico

Alceste 1 year, 11 months ago

"...any part of Kansas west of 59 is a different COUNTRY.....";so said GrandPa and Alceste do believe GrandPa was correct...: Places like Pratt, Garden City, Greensburg, Fork City, Colby....; yup....there's a clear and convincing pattern there....

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 11 months ago

"prospector (anonymous) says… I went to Nebraska last week. That seemed foreign."

I had a decent prime rib in Beatrice Saturday evening.

g_rock 1 year, 11 months ago

I've been to several places in the Mediterranean. I've been to several places in Mexico. I've been to several place in the Caribbean.

I love travel, but I need a better traveling companion. Mine gets grumpy and there is not enough Xanex in the world to have a flight without bitching and me needing a vacation from my vacation by the time we leave the airport and check into whatever the place is.

I love having a local beer wherever we are. Best thing about traveling!

Gandalf 1 year, 11 months ago

Viet Nam, Brazil, Spain, Philipines, England, Scottland, Australia, France, Italy, Greece, Corfu, Isle of Crete, Malta, China, Japan and Mexico.

prospector 1 year, 11 months ago

I went to Nebraska last week. That seemed foreign.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 11 months ago

Comrade Autie -

I wish you a productive day.

JackMcKee 1 year, 11 months ago

off the top of my head,

Canada, Mexico, St. Martin, England, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Lebanon, maybe a couple more

JackMcKee 1 year, 11 months ago

Where is middle America? Is that anywhere near Gondor?

billbodiggens 1 year, 11 months ago

Some 45 years ago, rode the Mexican National Rail Road from Nuevo Laredo to Mexico City. Stayed week. A trip I will never forget.

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

I had an out of body experience once.

autie 1 year, 11 months ago

I wonder if they will be whoopin it up in Pyongyang today.

Lacy Mohler 1 year, 11 months ago

Mexico, Canada, Texas, Missouri

thuja 1 year, 11 months ago

Went out and then back in to get to Alaska.

autie 1 year, 11 months ago

I've been in Oklahoma lots of times; and Texas too.

Bill Lee 1 year, 11 months ago

I lived in Germany for five years and got to visit many other European countries. I've also been to Canada more than once.

My_Life 1 year, 11 months ago

Wouldn't exactly call it travel. More like shipped.