Previous   Next

Are you a baseball fan? Would you go to a baseball museum in Kansas?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 25, 2012

Browse the archives

“We go to baseball games once in awhile. I’d go to a museum to support a local group.”

“I’m a big Cubs fan; that’s my team. I’d go to a baseball museum in the area.”

“No, I haven’t followed baseball in years. ”

“No, we don’t really watch sports.”

Related story

Comments

Gandalf 3 years, 5 months ago

All cubs fans will remain faceless to hide their shame.

Bill Lee 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm a Royals fan, but I'm not sure why Kansas would be an appropriate place for a baseball museum. I think there's no better way to spend a summer evening than sitting in the K soaking up the atmosphere.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 5 months ago

Baseball?! We're definitely not known for baseball here in Kansas...... I think a basketball museum is much more appropriate. And we have one! Allen Fieldhouse! Basketball is practically our state sport, after buffalo ridin'...... and shootin'

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 5 months ago

Chris apparently doesn't catch the March Madness bug :C he's lucky. I got fired for missing work cuz I just had to watch every game! It's madness I tell you!

classclown 3 years, 5 months ago

I drove out to Cawker City just to look at a big ball of string. Of course I'd go to a baseball museum. About time we had something dedicated to a primary sport in this state instead of always settling for a secondary one.

Write2Know 3 years, 5 months ago

A baseball museum in Kansas would be about as silly as putting a space museum in Kansas.

Terry Sexton 3 years, 5 months ago

I been through Muscotah. They have a bronze plaque at the city park talkin' up their hometown boy, Joe Tinker. Tinker to Evers to Chance. Triple play immortality. So they got some chops; a museum is not completely random.
They need good marketing & a joint with good coffee & pie. Otherwise, it's over to the Corn Crib in Corning or possibly the Noe Place in Wetmore. I would think you'd need good pie in Muscotah, though.
If you do end up in Corning at the Corn Crib, get the chicken. It's really good.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

rantor (anonymous) says… "blah blah recoil & magazine springs predictable blah blah bunker zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"