Previous   Next

Do you plan to do any spring cleaning?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 W. 23rd St. on March 22, 2012

Browse the archives

“I’ll stick with my usual regimen.”

“I’m raising grandchildren, so I’m always cleaning. I’ll put up my Easter decorations and clean up my outside furniture soon.”

“I’ll clean out my old clothes to get some more space.”

“My parents are moving, so I’m helping out with packing.”

Comments

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 2 months ago

Spring cleaning? Yes, I think I might wash the dishes. Do you think I should do my laundry too?

kernal 3 years, 2 months ago

I decided to try that email address for soundoff myself; now I understand why you're using the moniker abit_pssd! Mine would have been more like "really_pssd"! LOL!

I just sent an message under the "contact us" category in the site map and it worked.

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 2 months ago

I was once told that Queen Isabella of Spain, the queen who donated some of her jewelry to finance Christoper Columbus's first trip across the Atlantic Ocean, only took three baths in her life?

Once the day she was born, once before she was married, and once before she was buried.

Wait. I guess that's only two in her life, huh? I was also told the reason was that in the Middle Ages, some believed bathing opened the pores to disease.

And, another thing I was told was the French invented perfume because of that.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

Wow . . Just woke from a nightmare. Dreamed the recoil from my .758 RoeDy magnum was stretching my magazine springs and cracking the foundation on the bunker . . .

Whodathunkit?

Rae Hudspeth 3 years, 2 months ago

You could also speed through 23rd and Ousdahl. :) meaning the springs, that is.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

I been spring cleanin' all winter. . . Cuz we didn't have one.

otto 3 years, 2 months ago

If I throw anything out - I wont have anything. huh?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 2 months ago

I'll be putting the lemurs in the back of the truck and going through the car wash when the weather gets a tad warmer.

LadyJ 3 years, 2 months ago

Looking around, I appear to have lots of things with springs on them. Is it best to remove them before cleaning or just leave them on. Probably better leave them on. I'm good at taking things apart, not so good at putting them back together.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

"Including the new guy."

And you assume he's new because . . .?

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 2 months ago

I think he's talking about abit_pssd, who has been an anonymous LJWorld.com user since March 21, 2012. According to my calender, that was yesterday, and that fits my definition of a "new guy" for sure.

He's made 12 comments so far, and about 8 of them seem to be complaints about the free 'Crave' he's getting in the mail.

I think his user name would not begin with abit if he were being charged to receive his copies of 'Crave', instead it would begin with Really.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

I have a plastic storage bin with 24 drawers full of different size springs. I'll just clean 'em as I need 'em.

somedude20 3 years, 2 months ago

I would clean out my closet but I am afraid to find R. Kelly

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

rantor if you need a recoil spring for your 1911 I have three different kinds. In the bunker. All you had to do was ask.

rockchalker52 3 years, 2 months ago

I know what you mean, g_r. My friend, Gus, takes a bath every spring to clean the cache offa his laptop. He used to do it on the satidy night before Easter but that got too confusing, so now it's whenever he sees the first snapping turtle. And by then it's too late to scrub up down at the pond, he sez, because nobody likes floppin' their flapper around the snapper. Poor Gus. By the time he's clean he's dirty again.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

Crave . . . ? Sounds like one them designer drugs. Probably illegal.

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 2 months ago

That would make a very good name for a cigarette brand!

ms_canada 3 years, 2 months ago

"Do you plan on doing any spring cleaning/" There are two verbs worth looking at in that question. To plan is worth thinking about, but to do is questionable. The two don't always work together. as one doesn't necessarily follow the other.

Bill Lee 3 years, 2 months ago

I think I'll get my bills organized and decide which ones to pay.

LadyJ 3 years, 2 months ago

Wow, just saw all the springs a person would probably ever need on craigslist http://lawrence.craigslist.org/mat/2911654210.html

Katara 3 years, 2 months ago

Make paper hats out of it.

Get up early and throw it back at the newspaper delivery guy.

Save them up for an entire year and deliver them down to the LJW building for Alex.

Learn how to do that magic trick with milk and a newspaper cone.

Use it to protect your floor when doing small home improvement projects.

Stuff it in shoes that are too big for you so you can wear them.

Papermache everything!

Clean your windows and glassware with it.

Develop your origami skills.

Offer it on Freecycle.

Use it for wrapping paper.

Use it to kills weeds in your garden.

Line people's birdcages with it.

Other suggestions...

http://www.mediabistro.com/10000words/newspaper-crafts_b4175 http://www.make-stuff.com/recycling/newspaper.html http://www.thecraftycrow.net/2009/04/what-can-you-make-fromnewspapers-and-junk-mail.html http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/extra-extra-709387/5/ http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/recycled-newspaper-crafts.htm http://www.marthastewart.com/268174/shimmering-stacked-trees

Jean Robart 3 years, 1 month ago

I don't make a special point of spring cleaning. That goes on year 'round.