Previous   Next

Has the arrival of spring affected you with allergies?

Asked at Checkers, 2300 La. on March 19, 2012

Browse the archives

“Yes. Lots.”

“No.”

“No.”

“Yes. … When people mow their lawns, my eyes swell up real bad.”

Comments

Roland Gunslinger 2 years, 1 month ago

Mine don't usually kick in until Memorial Day weekend when I've been out on the lake and camping for 3 days.

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

Uh..not to be a stickler for detail..but the what I say is, "Get off of my lawn". And usually it's my own grandkids. I usually am carrying a fly swatter and a glass of scotch instead of a M-1 garand.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"Quiz - which respondent pictured do you think commonly says, "You kids get off my lawn!""

He isn't pictured, so this is a trick question. The answer is Autie.

blue73harley 2 years, 1 month ago

g_rock 2 years, 1 month ago

Wow. Boys are icky. Thank you all for reminding me that I should relish the fact that I live alone! Sometimes I forget and then you all butt in to set me straight.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"It's true. UHCs (ultra high colonics) make all the difference." Milkman

Sticking local honey in one's sphincter... eh, I'll stick with the Cetirizine I get from Sam's Club.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

I have not been bothered by allergies since I learned the secret.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"I worked for more than 10 years as a baseball and fast pitch softball umpire. Internet commenters, while admittedly snarkier, have nothing on angry parents and coaches." Andy

For the love of god, folks. What we have here is a worthy adversary. Parents of kids playing sports are the worst. This man has been battled tested.

My allergies never really went away over winter. They were bad a few weeks ago, but whatever was causing that flare-up is gone. It is whatever blooms in April that is my nemesis.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Prospector, I'll listen to you anytime. Obviously, you have not fallen into the pitfalls of marriage. Stay strong, my man. And go with your heart. I think you're totally cool and I respect your every move. And tell Al to F-off the next time you see him. He's no friend to me.

prospector 2 years, 1 month ago

I have been known to flutter the sheets following a bean dinner. Sometimes, I am repeating like a howitzer.

Who would listen to a coprolite anyway?

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

And I don't think it's fair to blame the Indians for the invention of the enema.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

You can learn many disgusting things on Urban Dictionary. I thought I was done blushing, but I gues not.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Nope, and I've never had a Cleveland Steamer, thank God. Or a Hot Carl. No thanks.

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

I ain't never seen no rock throw up. Speaking of fluttering, some do tend to flutter more than others. Rara, have you ever fluttered?

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Andy, it's cool. Like Roed and some others said, we rarely stay on topic here anyway. As a matter of fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Alex and all of you for being as cool as you have been. Al, I still have never seen PJ live. Tell me about it. Let me live vicariously through you. Oh, the topic. Well, meth has a lot of pseudoephedrine in it. Seeems to work for me. But I'm no horde.

My_Life 2 years, 1 month ago

Indyan is allergic to a certain rare bird that flutters around nearly every day causing emesis.

CWGOKU 2 years, 1 month ago

Allergies are why sleeves were invented

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

"Internet commenters, while admittedly snarkier, have nothing on angry parents and coaches."

Um . . . Where do ya thinks I learnt it? ;-)

riverdrifter 2 years, 1 month ago

Those elm trees budding out set me off. Claritin Redi-tabs stop it, pretty much.

prospector 2 years, 1 month ago

No, at 12:15 AM when it arrived, I was asleep.

Happy Vernal, y'all.

labmonkey 2 years, 1 month ago

John's molestache protects him from allergies.

CWGOKU 2 years, 1 month ago

Mine don't hit until the cotton crap starts blowing.

Andini 2 years, 1 month ago

My allergies are fine this spring but I rarely make it out of my Moms basement any time.

g_rock 2 years, 1 month ago

Andy just wanted to hear more about my constantly sniffling and snot filled coworkers. I know, I know, I'm totally charming that way. But kudos to Andy for facing our snark head on. You can borrow my Lysol anytime, Andy. But I'm allergic to hordes of fools. So if I start sneezing, you had better starting backing away.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

Roe, one of the positives about having a long beard is that sometimes I find Cheerios caught in it.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

The Mrs says if I had fired off a snot rocket in our first date there wouldn't have been a second. (One of the "negatives" of growing a mustache)

(TMI?)

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

The house is nice and neat but the bunker looks like a hoarder lives there . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

I horde around some in my youth . . .

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

Horde? Don't worry, I'm not with them.

I'm up for pancakes too. It is dark, drizzly, cool, wet and generally blah outside so yup,,pancakes it is.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

I turn into a snot factory occasionally during the spring.

Gandalf 2 years, 1 month ago

On topic? Wuz zat? sumthin ya pour on pancakes?

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 1 month ago

I like pancakes. Pecan pancakes are my favorite.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

Well . . . it ain't exactly like most of us stay on topic anyway Andy . . .

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 1 month ago

Again, rotten apples. Still trying.

ahyland 2 years, 1 month ago

Before the raging horde of angry comments — I was the one who did this question this fine evening, subbing for our usual band of merry On the Street reporters, and I thought I was being pretty clever.

Today is the first day of spring, after all, and we do have a front page story about allergies, so I thought, why not ask about that? This was a brilliant idea, but I only found out later that we had just run a question about allergies very recently. So I feel pretty silly.

My lesson? I need to read more On The Street.

Andy Hyland LJW Reporter