Previous   Next

What do you plan to do to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 17, 2012

Browse the archives

“My band is playing on a float. After that, I’ll see my friends at the Replay and then my side project, Big Cat Kansas, will play at the Replay.”

“Drink.”

“I’ll be going to New Orleans for spring break.”

“I’ll go to a ‘kegs and eggs’ event in the morning and then to the Kansas City parade.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 9 months ago

Get wasted on Mass. Street, possibly streaking through the parade...... another great year! Also watch Kstate play, not a fan but I always support Kansas teams.

Shelley Bock 2 years, 9 months ago

Go to the local pub (actually an Irish pub), have a pint and some food, and watch some football (soccer). Wish they did have basketball, but no one here follows the game. Hope they aren't showing rugby, just not my preference.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Stay sober and off the streets. Amatuer night is all day today.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 9 months ago

And toilets! Nothing like a big mass of meat matter to clog the old porcelain throne :C

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

A big party! Some of you know where it is! And, one of the posters above better be there!

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

You should be! I've been spending hours wrapping the prizes! It's a tradition that when the Leprechauns have a party, NO ONE goes home without a prize!

Except in case of emergency, of course. And that would be if there are 10 or 11 more guests than are expected. Soooo,,, if you were invited, but didn't RSVP, show up anyway!

And guess what! I got a haircut, even! I already had a green sport coat and a green silk tie.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

I gotta get moving! I'm supposed to be there in one hour and 15 minutes to get everything ready!

ms_canada 2 years, 9 months ago

I'll put on a green sweater, add a wee bit of green food color to my Riesling, munch toasted almonds and watch Ottawa Senators crush Toronto Maple Leafs like they did Montreal Canadiens last night. I'll watch hoping that #36 gets his first NHL goal with his parents in the stands. Then we'll have a lovely meal of corned beef and cabbage. After all my, Daddy was Pat the Irish kid from Norwalk, Iowa.

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

<<< already wearing green ms_canada's celebration sounds like a great one. I shall cheer for the Senators. Is this the guy?

ms_canada 2 years, 9 months ago

That's him, Rob Klinkhammer, my grandson.

ms_canada 2 years, 9 months ago

There is an Irish pub in San Diego that my sister and I visit each time I go south, they have corned beef that I believe comes straight from heaven. I will visit there again next month when I go see my sis again. Can't wait. yummy.

ms_canada 2 years, 9 months ago

Very daring, have a care there Paddy, me lad.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Why do I suspect "pig soaking in secret brew" involves scotch?

riverdrifter 2 years, 9 months ago

Totally agree. I don't go to it anymore. Jonesy's gone (rest his soul) and I don't think Wes has showed up for it in years. It was better when it was just a dumb little jerkbait event that started at the Bird and the girls would see us out the door. Now it's all grown up. Bleah.