Previous   Next

Daylight saving time: Love it or hate it?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 11, 2012

Browse the archives

“I like it — I get over the lost sleep in exchange for more sunlight. ”

“It’s on a Sunday and I don’t mind it too much. The problem is when it either cuts into or extends my drinking time.”

“It doesn’t bother me. I had forgotten about it. ”

“I don’t like to lose time.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years ago

I like saving time. With Kodak cameras :) Make this moment a Kodak one.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Daylight Saving Time = Global Warming

All those extra hours of daylight you see . . . .

I blame . . .

Woodrow Wilson

rockchalker52 3 years ago

I love it and would like to leave it - as in all year long.

grammaddy 3 years ago

Depends on whether I get to sleep more or less.Hate it in the Spring, love it in the Fall.

grammaddy 3 years ago

tomatogrower 3 years ago

Not everyone is independently wealthy like you, so they have to get up and go to work at a certain time and leave work at a certain time, but would like to enjoy the outdoors more in their off time. I hate the spring adjustment. Sometimes I would like for them to just keep it one way or another.

hujiko 3 years ago

Local Noon worked well for centuries, but unfortunately with today's communications and technology there has to be a standardized time. If you want more daylight, move closer to the equator.

Bill Lee 3 years ago

Since I don't have a regular sleep schedule, I barely notice the changes. I often go days without going outside or even looking out a window. When I was younger, I had stronger feelings on the subject. I think I'll go to be now.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Hell, I'm a morning person anyway! Get up, get things done, then coast all afternoon! Or from 11 AM as the case may be . . . .

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Almost caught up on the Dillon 550. Got the range bag loaded up,(feels like it's prepared for a major uprising) and headed for an afternoon at the indoor range. Happy Shooting everyone!

Flap Doodle 3 years ago

Loathe and despise. We no longer need to hurry home to tend our vegetable gardens to help defeat the Kaiser.

Chris Ogle 3 years ago

Let me reset my watch and go outside.............yep, it's okay

classclown 3 years ago

Neither. It is what it is. Although, if we didn't have the time change twice a year, I'd have no way of knowing when to change the batteries in my smoke alarm. And to do whatever else it is that I'm supposed to do whenever we change the clocks.

rockchalker52 3 years ago

Greatest idea ever! You can still have coffee at first light & play longer in the evening. DST all year long, please. I don't care if it's darker longer in the morning. I'll be up before most of y'all anyway.

Mary Darst 3 years ago

love it....all year long would be good. Cant handle darkness at 6pm.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Sure did enjoy showin' them young whippersnappers the old man hasn't lost his shootin' skills. Gives 'em something to try for though. The son-in-law is gettin' close . . . very close.

ms_canada 3 years ago

Do I really need to be reading the newspaper out on my patio at 10pm by the light of the sun???

MarcoPogo 3 years ago

I can't remember...does Daylight Savings always fall on Christmas Sunday?