Previous   Next

What’s your favorite kind of art?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 8, 2012

Browse the archives

“Visual art, like drawing.”

“Impressionist paintings.”

“Classical music.”

“Cubism.”

Comments

KSWingman 3 years, 2 months ago

I don't know Art, but I know what I like.

ms_canada 3 years, 2 months ago

As a prairie dweller, I have to say yey for wheat weaving, I have seen some most beautiful pieces.

grammaddy 3 years, 2 months ago

The kind the grands used to leave on the walls if they got ahold of a crayon or marker.

ms_canada 3 years, 2 months ago

I guess if you came and looked around my home you might think that my favourite type of art work is iron work. I never thought of it before, but yes, I have a number of pieces of iron work both inside the house and in the yard. Almost every room has a piece both large and small.

KSWingman 3 years, 2 months ago

My favorite is dogs playing poker on Elvis, on velvet.

asixbury 3 years, 2 months ago

As an artist, I have to say my own work...haha not really (even though I do say the paintings look pretty nice hanging on my walls). I enjoy any art form that shows passion and emotion. If I feel something while viewing, listening, or participating, it is successful art in my eyes.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

At 16 months our granddaughter was given (supervised) red, blue and yellow finger paints. The resulting impressionist mayhem is titled "The Jayhawk" and is proudly displayed on our wall.

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 2 months ago

Just about anything western and southwest-------and also ""GARFUNKEL""

riverdrifter 3 years, 2 months ago

Oh, man, of late I've been digging on the art of Forrest Bess. Cool stuff. http://www.forrestbess.org/

Kathy Getto 3 years, 2 months ago

Very nice, thanks for the link.

"Crowded Mind" is cool. So are the others, but I like this one and "Sweet Potatoes" for some reason. :-)

LadyJ 3 years, 2 months ago

Ok, I was in a hurry, I meant "that doesn't cost" me any money.

booyalab 3 years, 2 months ago

book carving

The best art is beautiful and technically masterful.

The worst art is ugly, looks thrown together, and has an accompanying description filled with pretentious art jargon.

Below a broken plastic mickey mouse cup: "This found object piece activates the experiencer's sense of self-boundaries between knowingness and active-being in a macédoine of culture fiction."

Liberty275 3 years, 2 months ago

Generally, abstract expressionism. Specifically, Kandinsky.

LadyJ 3 years, 2 months ago

Mother Natures's art, just go out and look around.

TopJayhawk 3 years, 2 months ago

The kind that is self suficient and does not beg the tax payers for money so the artists can put off getting a real job.

George_Braziller 3 years, 2 months ago

A "real" job? I work 50-60 hours a week, pay my own health insurance, and don't have either vacation, or sick leave. I do have a "real" job and it's a hell of a lot of work.