Previous   Next

Have you been following the race for the Republican nomination? And if so, do you have any predictions for Super Tuesday or after?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 7, 2012

Browse the archives

“I think Santorum might win a few states (in Tuesday’s primaries and caucuses) but not enough to pull Romney out of the front-running.”

“I’ve been following closely. I think it’s all interesting.”

“We’re actively interested but not following closely as we’ve been traveling. ”

“I don’t think Super Tuesday will really change the race much.”

Comments

DillonBarnes 2 years, 8 months ago

"Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 7, 2012"

Must be hard to make predictions about yesterday today. Also, not the people I expected to see out on Mass St. at midnight.

grammaddy 2 years, 8 months ago

Same mess, different day. Obama by a"Reagan landslide" in November.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

Any of the cream pies work for me. Banana, lemon or coconut are the best.

Ksgirl2000 2 years, 8 months ago

The tortoise always wins... The hare jacks around too much!

Richard Heckler 2 years, 8 months ago

It seems the republican party is working for the Chinese government instead of we 99% Stakeholders of America. Shouldn't Bush,Cheney and Henry Paulson be in jail?

Of course banks and retail are nothing without the 99%.

There are billions more in the 99% over the 1% which is a bundle of money.

Banks depend on the billions of the 99% to keep their banks in business in order to charge obscene interest rates on credit cards.

No one is self made. All need the 99% participating in their plan. Including Wall Street.

If the 99% pulled their deposits tomorrow the banks would go straight to hell and take Wall Street along.

If the 99% quit shopping for two weeks big boxes and Wall Street would go straight to hell.

The USA 99% are the most powerful stakeholders in the world. It's all a matter of realization.

And the republicans are still blaming Obama for the republicans home loan scams that which has put 11-15 million out of work. Those former employers took more USA jobs to China. It seems the republican party is working for the Chinese government.

If republicans win there will be one more Republican home loan scam and more bailouts just like what Reagan/Bush and Bush/Cheney pulled off and still no one in jail. But more of the 99% will be unemployed,without medical insurance and their retirement plans will go up in smoke.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 8 months ago

The whole 99% vs 1% thing is soooooo 2011.

labmonkey 2 years, 8 months ago

This whole 1% thing is a gigantic red herring. The top 1% earned about $230 billion last year, so if you tax them at 100%, Obama's budget still puts us $1 Trillion more in the hole. But I guess you are too blinded by hatred so go ahead and continue to drink the Kool-Aid.

deec 2 years, 8 months ago

Then you probably profited from the greed and fraud that characterize corporations worldwide today. You are unlikely to be part of the 99% who have lost income, homes and jobs over the last 30 years thanks to government collusion with crooked businesses. You are unlikely to have owned one of the mom and pop businesses bankrupted by Walmart. You probably didn't work for a corporation that outsourced manufacturing to China. You probably don't mind eating food or using products produced in China that are tainted with metal and chemicals.

beatrice 2 years, 8 months ago

But it isn't their money. They have Super PAC money to spend, so it is no skin off their nose to stay in the race. Longer they stay in, they more they get to charge for speaking engagements and book deals after the nominating process.

Which posters are you demeaning by calling them "welfare-happy posters"? I thought Alex says you can only call people names if they are public figures.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Interesting on several levels that you would take offense.

Enlightenment 2 years, 8 months ago

I predict some rich white guy will win the GOP nomination.

pace 2 years, 8 months ago

It is not too late for a Palin/Trump victory. Gogogo

booyalab 2 years, 8 months ago

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be infatuated with a presidential candidate. I have a feeling that Romney will win, but he's such a mushy moderate. It's embarrassing.

labmonkey 2 years, 8 months ago

Santorum = The Republican Mondale. I cannot believe anyone who wants Obama out of office would vote for him.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

If the Spanish hadn't given the Mayans smallpox they would still be making calendars.

George Lippencott 2 years, 8 months ago

How about none of the above - vote them all off the island

labmonkey 2 years, 8 months ago

You do remember who won in the end don't you?

pace 2 years, 8 months ago

For almost a year the republicans have had a free ride of publicity with their debates over which conservative view should win over the other. They spent a billion but got billions of prime time tv to strut their stuff, their voices a chorus. I suspect what will happen next is they will spend billions on ads basically promoting hate on a personal level against Obama. I am still waiting for their slogans to be vetted as programs. yelling numbers as tax reform plan doesn't do much for me. They have had decades to act. No republican plan for jobs, no republican plan to tax reforms beyond "tax cuts for the job producers". I feel sad. Letting American economy falter as a plan to defeat Obama at election time is pretty crummy. Gas prices go up, now it is claimed higher gas prices will defeat Obama. While the oil industry billionaires rake in the dough. I am not naive about why the gas prices are high, follow the money not the rhetoric. What I expect is the two parties to work together for the good of the American people and future. I am being sarcastic.

Richard Heckler 2 years, 8 months ago

Yes the 99% does include republicans which have lost jobs,homes,medical insurance and retirement plans thanks to the Reagan/Bush and Bush/Cheney home loan scams. These scams do not produce economic growth....... only economic disasters.

Just goes to show being a republican does not protect blue color workers from repub wreckanomics. In fact home loan scams appear to be republican administration policy.

Certainly a pattern has been established.

Loki 2 years, 8 months ago

There's an election going on??? I'll just vote for the media tells me to vote for. That or who Jose the psychic octopus picks.

Catzilla 2 years, 8 months ago

We don't need a patrician or Jesus freak as president.