Previous   Next

What’s your favorite beer?

Asked at Free State Brewery, 636 Mass. on March 4, 2012

Browse the archives

“I like sour beers, but they’re hard to find.”

“I like New Belgian beers. ”

“Ad Astra.”

“An Irish ale or double IPA.”

“Fuller’s ESB.”

Related story

Comments

autie 2 years, 10 months ago

Scotch. of course.

Aye Chuck...I don't see me laddie.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 10 months ago

Any beer made somewhere other than Missouri. Their water is full of alcohol, or so it seems....

labmonkey 2 years, 10 months ago

NATTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Flap Doodle 2 years, 10 months ago

Boulevard Wheat is up there toward the top of the list. St. Arnold Brown Ale is its neighbor.

deec 2 years, 9 months ago

A pint of Guinness in O'Connor's pub in Galway, on St. Patrick's Day. http://sendagift2ireland.tripod.com//index.html

classclown 2 years, 9 months ago

These days though I don't drink like I used to, I tend to favor whiskey over beer. Though when I do drink beer, I like Miller Genuine Draft.

Yeah, I know... I'm not a snob.

JackMcKee 2 years, 9 months ago

draught beer is far superior. Boulevard Pale Ale is my favorite pedestrian draught beer. Avery Mephistopheles if I'm feeling more adventurous. It's been known to cause hallucinations and delusions of grandeur. Much like Free State C3.

Mary Darst 2 years, 9 months ago

Don't really care for the fancy beer. As a friend of mine once called it "cheerleader beer", I prefer a Busch Lite or Bud Light. I do remember drinking Schilitz in high school.

Bill Lee 2 years, 9 months ago

Generally, the darkest brew a bar has on tap. That usually ends up being Guinness or Free State Oatmeal Stout.

A couple of years ago, I had a Belgian beer with a 13% alcohol content that I liked, but I don't remember the name of it. I'd like to find it again. It had a bold flavor.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

When the sons-in-law makes fun of my Bud Light I just tell 'em next time I'll bring armadillo urine (Lone Star).

jalopy 2 years, 9 months ago

no andhowsyourbush crap or colorado water.===dos amber or boulevard wheat ok johnny walker better

LadyJ 2 years, 9 months ago

What's with all the smoke around the town, is there a fire somewhere? Surely they wouldn't have a controlled burn on such a windy day. It's playing havoc with my asthma. Alex, what's the story?

Enlightenment 2 years, 9 months ago

Rogue Double Dead Guy Ale and almost all porters and stouts.

Liberty275 2 years, 9 months ago

Colt 45 or Guinness depending on where I am and what's available. Third choice... Mich Lite. Everybody has that.

bad_dog 2 years, 9 months ago

Modus Hoperandi, Breckenridge Brewery's "Avalanche", Sebago Brewery's "Full Throttle" Double IPA, Boulevard Double Wide IPA,...

Norm Jennings 2 years, 9 months ago

bad_dog that is a d*rn fine list...mine doesn't match but a tip of the cap to the quality

Hoegaarden Belgian WeisBier Fat Tire Tie for 3rd - Blue Moon and Mothership Wit Tie for 5th - Pilsner Urquell, Odell Easy Street Wheat, Twisted Creek Wheat Tie for 8th - Irish Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Ad Astra

bad_dog 2 years, 9 months ago

Back atcha jq. I was in an IPA kind of mood when posting, but there are many other fine examples I left out; some of which you captured as well as the Japanese beers noted below by Vertigo.

As Tom T. Hall once sang: "As a matter of fact, I like beer."

somedude20 2 years, 9 months ago

almost any beer with more than 7.42% alcohol. oh and anything your daughters and I drink out of your fridge while you are gone or sleeping!

Shane Garrett 2 years, 9 months ago

Free State Copperhead Pale Ale. or Blvd. Double Wide IPA

riverdrifter 2 years, 9 months ago

Copperhead pale ale for a crafter. Pacifico -ice cold, I can pound them down on a hot summer evening.

tbaker 2 years, 9 months ago