Previous   Next

What’s your favorite beer?

Asked at Free State Brewery, 636 Mass. on March 4, 2012

Browse the archives

“I like sour beers, but they’re hard to find.”

“I like New Belgian beers. ”

“Ad Astra.”

“An Irish ale or double IPA.”

“Fuller’s ESB.”

Related story

Comments

tbaker 2 years, 1 month ago

Yuengling Traditional Lager. Can't get it in KS

riverdrifter 2 years, 1 month ago

Copperhead pale ale for a crafter. Pacifico -ice cold, I can pound them down on a hot summer evening.

Shane Garrett 2 years, 1 month ago

Free State Copperhead Pale Ale. or Blvd. Double Wide IPA

somedude20 2 years, 1 month ago

almost any beer with more than 7.42% alcohol. oh and anything your daughters and I drink out of your fridge while you are gone or sleeping!

Roland Gunslinger 2 years, 1 month ago

Boulevard Wheat Asahi Super Dry Carlton Crown Lager Boulevard Tank 7 Pyramid Apricot Ale Sapporo

Norm Jennings 2 years, 1 month ago

bad_dog that is a d*rn fine list...mine doesn't match but a tip of the cap to the quality

Hoegaarden Belgian WeisBier Fat Tire Tie for 3rd - Blue Moon and Mothership Wit Tie for 5th - Pilsner Urquell, Odell Easy Street Wheat, Twisted Creek Wheat Tie for 8th - Irish Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Ad Astra

bad_dog 2 years, 1 month ago

Modus Hoperandi, Breckenridge Brewery's "Avalanche", Sebago Brewery's "Full Throttle" Double IPA, Boulevard Double Wide IPA,...

Liberty275 2 years, 1 month ago

Colt 45 or Guinness depending on where I am and what's available. Third choice... Mich Lite. Everybody has that.

Katara 2 years, 1 month ago

I like Samuel Adam's Cherry Wheat.

Enlightenment 2 years, 1 month ago

Rogue Double Dead Guy Ale and almost all porters and stouts.

ShePrecedes 2 years, 1 month ago

Crestor !!

Any drug that requires monitoring liver functions should be out-lawed. Research is indicating that you are more likely to die with low cholesterol than with high cholesterol, so statins in general could be minimized in use. The liver does around 108 functions in the human body. You only get one liver. Until stem cells pass the FDA (YUCK!!!) to replace liver cells, and the research is indeed happening presently, ... the medical community should seriously respect the liver.

Crestor should be an illegal substance, merely due to it's killer side effects.

LadyJ 2 years, 1 month ago

What's with all the smoke around the town, is there a fire somewhere? Surely they wouldn't have a controlled burn on such a windy day. It's playing havoc with my asthma. Alex, what's the story?

jalopy 2 years, 1 month ago

no andhowsyourbush crap or colorado water.===dos amber or boulevard wheat ok johnny walker better

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

When the sons-in-law makes fun of my Bud Light I just tell 'em next time I'll bring armadillo urine (Lone Star).

g_rock 2 years, 1 month ago

I love local beers experienced in their region. It is one of the things I look forward to in traveling.

At home, there is often a Bud Light in my fridge. I blame my dad.

CWGOKU 2 years, 1 month ago

Dang, Beatrice beat me to cold as an answer. Any Anheiser Busch beer, I like lagers.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

Probably Pabst Blue Ribbon, with a spritz of Right Guard in a can. It's a good workin' man's beer. I used to like Heileman's Old Pile but I don't know if they make it anymore. I generally don't waste time with beer. I won't drink anything weaker than cheap malt liquor.

Bill Lee 2 years, 1 month ago

Generally, the darkest brew a bar has on tap. That usually ends up being Guinness or Free State Oatmeal Stout.

A couple of years ago, I had a Belgian beer with a 13% alcohol content that I liked, but I don't remember the name of it. I'd like to find it again. It had a bold flavor.

Mary Darst 2 years, 1 month ago

Don't really care for the fancy beer. As a friend of mine once called it "cheerleader beer", I prefer a Busch Lite or Bud Light. I do remember drinking Schilitz in high school.

JackMcKee 2 years, 1 month ago

draught beer is far superior. Boulevard Pale Ale is my favorite pedestrian draught beer. Avery Mephistopheles if I'm feeling more adventurous. It's been known to cause hallucinations and delusions of grandeur. Much like Free State C3.

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

Falstaff? How about a Schilitz? Man, that will take a guy back.

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

These days though I don't drink like I used to, I tend to favor whiskey over beer. Though when I do drink beer, I like Miller Genuine Draft.

Yeah, I know... I'm not a snob.

deec 2 years, 1 month ago

A pint of Guinness in O'Connor's pub in Galway, on St. Patrick's Day. http://sendagift2ireland.tripod.com//index.html

prospector 2 years, 1 month ago

Falstaff

Got ya

It looks like there are a lot of tourists in the brewery. It seems to be a trend.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 1 month ago

Boulevard Wheat is up there toward the top of the list. St. Arnold Brown Ale is its neighbor.

tange 2 years, 1 month ago

The only evidence I can find, these days, are four empty, dust covered Free State growlers. I haven't even traded their deposits for a cold one. Not doing a 12-step, not even the two-. Just seem to have sidestepped.

labmonkey 2 years, 1 month ago

NATTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 1 month ago

Any beer made somewhere other than Missouri. Their water is full of alcohol, or so it seems....

Gandalf 2 years, 1 month ago

Why is the rum always gone??? (Captain Jack stands up) Ooooh!

autie 2 years, 1 month ago

Scotch. of course.

Aye Chuck...I don't see me laddie.

Gandalf 2 years, 1 month ago

An open one! (Jeff Dunham).