Previous   Next

Are you afraid of bugs or spiders?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 Sixth St. on March 1, 2012

Browse the archives

“I really don’t like spiders.”

“I garden, so I love bugs, but not in the house.”

“Yeah, bugs creep me out.”

“They don’t scare me outright.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Bugs? I once ate a large grasshopper (live) in front of a group while discussing survival in the wild. Grown men got up and left the room.

Spiders? My size 13EEEE boot ain't scared of no spiders . . .

Someday I'll tell you 'bout swallowin' one dozen goldfish outa my buddy's aquarium

(oh, . . and earthworms? Taste like . . . earth.)

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Spiders and crabs are anthropodes, as are shrimp, lobster and crayfish. Except for spiders they are all scavengers, eating the crud that falls to the bottom of the ocean, lake or stream where they reside. The spiders diet is less disgusting but I'll take lobster first any day.

ms_canada 2 years, 10 months ago

I may be pretty dense, but what the heck is a round heeled woman?

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

Well heeled women would be okay though?

blindrabbit 2 years, 10 months ago

RoeDapple: Not being picky, and I make enough errors myself; but I think you mean "arthropods" and not "anthropodes" in your 3:36 posting!

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

You're right blindrabbit. Although I am awake roughly 21 hours per day (most days) there is somewhat of a fog I operate in during the wee hours of the morning!

edmclinn 2 years, 10 months ago

If your not, you should be. Law Enforcement is placing bugs in homes and automobiles at will these days. They say "whatever it takes", even if it means violating the very civil-rights they have sworn to protect. It's a sad situation that needs swift corrective action.

Kyle Neuer 2 years, 10 months ago

Those inch-long prehistoric fleas sure got my attention.

RoeDapple 2 years, 10 months ago

I live in a faraday cage. it always bugs me whin cuzin elroy wants to borrow my truck. sigourney weaver knows how to deal with them space roaches

ms_canada 2 years, 10 months ago

We get these funny little bugs, sort of like termites that somehow get into the basement. I am not afraid of them, but don't like them in my house.. But it is mighty cold out here, 19*below C.this am, so I am reluctant to put them outside, so I just flush them down the terlet.

ms_canada 2 years, 10 months ago

I am wondering if I really needed to know that. hmmmmmmm

ms_canada 2 years, 10 months ago

you know, it is good to be back here and see that some of old posters are still around, but some I don't see. And yes we are now enjoying TV in vivid colour (note Can. spelling) But the other day I did see a Perry Mason in black and white. Can you tell me what is the name of that coffee house on Mass. St. can't remember, but do remember the great times I had there meeting some of the OTS posters.

LadyJ 2 years, 10 months ago

Today I saw a shampoo that is suppose to repel head lice, wonder if it comes with a money back guarantee if it doesn't work.

asixbury 2 years, 9 months ago

Spiders are simple creatures that really are not scary if you learn how they behave. I have two pet tarantulas. They're beautiful, but don't do much. They're totally instinctual. You vibrate something near them and they move...that's about all there is to it. I used to be terrified of bugs, but having to feed a large spider other smaller insects really squashed that fear!

riverdrifter 2 years, 9 months ago

Bugs don't bother me but I don't like rattlesnakes & copperheads. They bother and distract me during the mushroom season.