Previous   Next

Are you concerned by identity theft?

Asked at Massachusetts Streets on June 30, 2012

Browse the archives

“No, because with all my stuff they’d probably only make it to Wellsville.”

“For me, I’m not from Lawrence so identity theft is a concern because I have to do a lot of things online.”

“Somewhat, because I am always using a debit card and there is always a chance.”

“Yes. I have known some people that have had some issues with that and sometimes the person has more issues than the person who stole their identity.”

Comments

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 5 months ago

No. Who in their right mind would want to be me?

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

Ron...I'm sitting here laughing...you have such an awesome sense of humor...I think you're such a great guy!!!

jjinks 2 years, 5 months ago

The person who wants to be you is the one that will use your social security number and run up bills with credit cards that they get and you sir will be paying for so long that you won't want to be you. That is who wants to be you.

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

jjinks...Wow...what got your panties in a bunch this evening?? (Or your briefs or boxer shorts...) Maybe the heat is getting to you...try a cool shower...no need to get all rude and riled up. Makes your blood pressure go sky-high...

jjinks 2 years, 5 months ago

Panties in a bunch? Rude and riled up? Blood pressure sky-high? How, in your vivid imagination, did you come to that conclusion from what I explained to Ron? And you're called Sunshine?LOL

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

Yep, I'm actually called Sunshine, jjinks...have been called Sunshine all my life. What a distortion of the truth, huh? Seems I have the whole world fooled, even family and friends, right?

I never expected you to concur with what I posted, jjinks. That would have really been a ground-breaking feat...for a rude person to actually admit rudeness. Will never happen...as we have just witnessed. I can pick out a smart-mouth when I see what his or her fingers have typed. It's not difficult. You confirmed my estimation of your rudeness by your response to my response to you...(LOL)...and so, this could go on and on and on...but I don't think either of us will waste our time.

It's the very few people like you on this forum who make me swear I'll never return...but there are others who override that decision because they are truly delightful, intelligent, and funny as heck. They make me smile and laugh and I appreciate their great intelligence...a terrific bunch of people. So, you lose and they win.

P.S. Staying in a defensive mode truly will raise your BP.

jjinks 2 years, 5 months ago

I gave you a chance to make light of your comment, which is the way it was intended in the first place, instead you have shown your true self. Sunhine

jjinks 2 years, 5 months ago

That was suppose to be Sunshine, sorry. LOL

FloridaSunshine 2 years, 5 months ago

Excuse me?? YOU gave ME a chance?? This is too hilarious!! You can't possibly be more than a junior in high school...

Let's call it a day...have a good evening,

Sunhine :~)

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Forward your Soc. Sec. # and charge card # to RoeDy's House of Paranoia and I'll fix that for ya . . . .

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 5 months ago

Don't forget to include the security code and expiration date.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

dammit! And I was so lookin' to be tucked in tonight . . .

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 5 months ago

You have a very serious point there about thieves stealing checks. Some people worry about doing their banking online, well, I think it's a greater risk to mail a check because every check you write has your name, address, bank routing number, and account number clearly printed on it. So, if someone steals a check, an echeck purchase can easily be made right out of your checking account.

It is true that a thief can steal your online information also. It's a relative risk, but I think that for me, the relative risk of a check sitting in a mailbox is greater.

RoeDapple 2 years, 5 months ago

Some A$$ stole my trash barrel a while back! Stood right there in the doorway and watched him do it. Who cares that the bottom was rustededed out of it, it was MINE! White Dodge pick up with a bad muffler. Ima wathchin' for him . . .

verity 2 years, 5 months ago

If you pay your bills by mail with a check, never mail it from your mailbox, particularly don't leave it clothes-pinned to the front of your box. Those envelopes with the glassine window are a dead giveaway. Some friends of mine had mail stolen from a rural mailbox and the thief washed the writing off their check.

Tony Kisner 2 years, 5 months ago

I might be willing to trade straight up.

rockchalker52 2 years, 5 months ago

I'm with the babbalicious on this one. The death penalty for thieves is worth considering.

R_I, I like the gold better than the bold.