Previous   Next

Assuming you survived, what would you want to have with you after a nuclear holocaust?

Browse the archives

“My tablet (computer) because if there was anybody out there broadcasting, at least you could see it. Plus you could entertain yourself and books are very important.”

“Some means of communication: radio, TV or telephone, just so I would know if there were other people out there.”

“Basic resources and a place of refuge.”

“Tools; if you’re going to rebuild, you’ve go to start with tools.”

Comments

booyalab 1 year, 9 months ago

My "coexist' bumper sticker.

James Minor 1 year, 9 months ago

1) Water, can goods, toilet paper, fire and utensils. 2) Terri Hatcher or the red head in the post. 3) An mp3 player 4) Lots of books where I could read forever. 5) A couple of pairs of glasses in case I break one.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 9 months ago

Why does my picture of Burt Gummer keep disappearing?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 9 months ago

My bob, and since I am a social creature, a few people.

Joe Hyde 1 year, 9 months ago

Having in safe storage two of everything currently offered by REI Outfitters, by Cabela's and by Lawrence's Sunflower Bike & Outdoor would be a very sensible starting point. Well, all that stuff plus lots of stored food and water. Having also a communication and/or signaling capability with nearby survivors, with whom to possibly coordinate survival response, would help re-establishing the public peace. Such as it would be.

Hell of it is, were there to be an actual all-out nuclear war of the type where every nation explodes its nuclear weapons against a target, then odds are high that any survival strategy I implement will instantly be rendered insufficient by profound climate changes following World War III's nuclear exchanges and/or bio-chemical weapons exchanges.

It's always sobering to think a few moments on what Albert Einstein once said: "After World War III, World War IV will be fought with rocks."

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

Yes, it is hot enough for me. Thank you for asking.

labmonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

somedude.... great minds think alike, although I would like to have CIntia Dicker as one of my redheads.

kufan1146 1 year, 9 months ago

Hopefully I'd already have a bunker so I could hang out there for about a month until fallout subsided, then quite a bit of building materials, tools and a whoooole lot of ammo and reloading equipment, as well as seeds and livestock of some sort.

That and a huge truck with an extra 200 gallons of diesel to move all of the above about 500 miles away.

weiser 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm sure it will never happen...Obama will just say "pretty please don't push the button." No worries.....

BABBOY 1 year, 9 months ago

I am going to have agree with somedude on this one.

Although I like dirty blondes......

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

I would want to be raising my finger from the big red disapearededed button and saying," WHOA!! Now that's what Ima taukinbout!" ...By Roed, Dang that is funny, still chuckling, thanks Roed.

Thanks for the pic of Christina, I am lingering here longer than usual today. Now I gotta go see Roed and by a tin foil hat

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

Topple, shirley you can think of s'more things than that.

somedude20 1 year, 9 months ago

Food, water, Christina Hendricks and since we will have a lot of free time on our hands, The Complete Kama Sutra.

Will I have to pay a higher fee to get my LJW paper delivered to my bunker?

Topple 1 year, 9 months ago

Marshmallows, Hershey's Chocolate, Graham Crackers, and a couple wire hangars.

autie 1 year, 9 months ago

The O'Bob says:

I guess nachos would be answer.

Autie writes:

Damn dude, you must have been a really cheap date.

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

I think the question should be "whom would you want to be with you" , but sticking with the question as is I'll say a bottle opener. Some of Bob's biscuits and gravy wouldn't hurt

autie 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm thinking about eating at Buster's again soon. I will be on the scenic byway, this time in the daylight.

prospector 1 year, 9 months ago

Renaldo, if he survived the "White Pants" groping incident.

kernal 1 year, 9 months ago

Everyone knows cockroaches will rule the world. Jeesh!

g_rock 1 year, 9 months ago

a llama.

oh and....that would fix the lines at the DMV. Time to renew!

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

I s'pose I'd keep my small critter trap handy. Just this morning I checked on it to see if pesky Mr. Woodchuck had sauntered inside. No groundhog but surprised Mr. Fox didn't look very happy. The scared little guy snorted like a pig while I was opening the door to free him. Then he just sat there. Aren't they s'posed to be sly? I had to dump him out, then ZIP! He was gone in a flash. Not sly, but definitely quick.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

lab - Three redheads? or ground zero? Better think it over . . .

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Up at 4AM today, casting the currency of the next decade. Another 400 of .45acp. Between this weather and the casting pot it's best done before the sun gets too high . . .

(Brought to you by RoeDy's House of Paranoia and Prepper Supply)

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

Haven't a clue. Just gonna keep playing the odds. I'm betting that, if it happens, it won't be until the worst it can do to me is knock my urn off the mantel.

labmonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

Guns, gold, and land (along with at least the survival water straw and MRE's). Secondarily, my wife and two or three redheads so I can help repopulate the earth.

autie 1 year, 9 months ago

I guess the best thing would be in Vertigo's camp.

I was going to say plenty of bullets/shotgun shells.....for starters. Then hope the Lowes/Home Depot etc was not at ground Zero.

Roland Gunslinger 1 year, 9 months ago

Everyone needs to read the book "One Second After" by William Fortschen.

1 Guns and plenty of ammo

2 water filtration system

3 plenty of medicine (ibuprofen, antibiotics, etc)

4 the Foxfire series of books on survival and basic plain living skills

Flap Doodle 1 year, 9 months ago

I'd want to be in Roe's good graces.

tange 1 year, 9 months ago

Ability to pinch myself back to waking reality.

/ or a good rooster

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

(beatrice would be so proud of me)

Heisenberg 1 year, 9 months ago

Not everyone understands how to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. But that's okay, they'll be food and slaves for the almighty king MacGuyver.

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 9 months ago

I don't believe the first two contestants understood the question. A nuclear explosion's EMP would, most likely, make their modern electronic devices useless.

Assuming that I would have the health to live ... a Rossi Ranch Hand and lots of ammo would be my choice.

gphawk89 1 year, 9 months ago

"My tablet (computer)" EMP?

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 9 months ago

"My wife and family." My Life

Indyan would survive assuming it wasn't a direct hit.

"Welcome back, dude!" Riverdrifter

Thanks. I thought I was banned off this immortal coil. I'll be off here after tomorrow morning. I picked a fantastic weekend to go camping.

/Drinks water. //Will be peeing five times tonight. ///Will be having five IV bags into me by Sunday afternoon.

RIA Multi.

riverdrifter 1 year, 9 months ago

EMP would take out most everything. Maybe Freestate could still keep filling growlers.

RogueThrill 1 year, 9 months ago

Something pleasant to overdose on. It's a nuclear holocaust and we all live in the northern hemisphere. You can either die strung out on morphine, crapping your own pants; or you you can die in pain, crapping blood and the lining of your intestines into your pants.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 9 months ago

Whoa. It works.

I guess nachos would be answer.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 9 months ago

A LJW account that actually posted what I submitted.